Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Isaac and Violet: too close in sound for siblings?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 12.07%
  • No

49 84.48%
  • not sure

2 3.45%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Eden and Violet are both floral, lush, word names. Isaac and Eden are both biblical Hebrew names. Violet and Isaac both share the long-I sound but they have a different number of syllables and different consonants. I think Eden, Isaac and Violet sound just fine together.

If you did want something to connect the biblical/floral imagery, I would suggest Lily in place of Violet. However, you said you are not religious, and I think Violet would be a better choice for you. If the long-I just feels like too much (even though honestly, I hardly noticed it until you pointed it out, but I know how things like that can nag) then how about some nature names without it?

Willow
    Laurel
    Rose
    Calla
    Zara

Thank you! Laurel and Willow are actually on my list too so you are right on the mark. Rose is my daughter's middle name (I liked as a first but DH did not). I also like Calla but as a short form of Caroline. I am not opposed to a biblical name but am not setting out for one for #3 either. I do think Lily is a beautiful match but it is my cousins daughter and the only cousin who lives nearby so definitely too close. Our last name ends with a long E sound so it makes all names ending in ie/y sound too rhymey (even though I have nicknames for both kids that end in that sound not sure I can have a formal name like that - at least not one that is 2 syllables as our last name is- and that is a shame too because I do like Maggie a lot). I think Juniper or just June might be a good option too. Thank you for your feedback, it is so appreciated!
    Last edited by onelove19; July 17th, 2013 at 04:54 PM.