Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a sister for 3 boys

Still looking for a girl's name to go with my 3 boys:
    Ezra Chalmers
    Anderson Porter (goes by Porter)
    Camden Pax

Looking for something classic, but something that's not too common. DH likes Clementine and Paisley best. I have liked Lucy and Harper, too, though I think they're getting too popular now for me. For mn, we are thinking of Susan to honor my PhD supervisor who passed away this year or maybe a virtue name (like Pax above).

Looking for any new ideas as well as thoughts on Paisley or Clementine. Ideally I'd love to have a new initial or sound other than the boys' names I have -- of course the only 2 on our list though are duplicates of boys' initials. Thanks!

Paisley & Harper are kind of trendy and raising quickly in popularity. Also, they sound a little masculine next to your boys names. Harper & Porter are too close and Paisley would repeat an initial.

Clementine, Lucy, and Susan are beautiful names —*elegant, timeless, versatile, with great meanings. Clementine is also a virtue name ("merciful") so it would make a nice middle if you don't want to repeat initials.

Lucy Clementine (Susan) would be my pick for you.

More ideas:
    * Penelope
    * Patience
    * Cecily
    * Clemency
    * Caroline
    * Elodie
    * Lily, Lillian, Liliana (since Susan means "lily")
    * Amity
    * Verity
    * Honor
    * Hesper
    * Hester
    * Audrey
    * Aveline
    * Rosaline
    * Evangeline
    * Ottoline
    * Phoebe
    * Pearl
    * Pleasance
    * Persephone
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

I like Lucy & Clementine! The above suggestion of Lucy Clementine is lovely.

Other suggestions:
    Ivy
    Mabel
    Lucille
    Theodora
    Helena
    Ingrid
    Eliora
    Juliana
    Lavinia
    Virginia
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

camil

Quote Originally Posted by aahales View Post
    Still looking for a girl's name to go with my 3 boys:
    Ezra Chalmers
    Anderson Porter (goes by Porter)
    Camden Pax

Looking for something classic, but something that's not too common. DH likes Clementine and Paisley best. I have liked Lucy and Harper, too, though I think they're getting too popular now for me. For mn, we are thinking of Susan to honor my PhD supervisor who passed away this year or maybe a virtue name (like Pax above).

Looking for any new ideas as well as thoughts on Paisley or Clementine. Ideally I'd love to have a new initial or sound other than the boys' names I have -- of course the only 2 on our list though are duplicates of boys' initials. Thanks!
    i think u could use Camil Suzan. camil is classic and with your other classic names. if you dont like the repeat initial. how about Idalene Suezan? i love your boys names so defenntly go old school for the girl.

So how big a deal is it, do you think, to repeat initials? Does it matter very much if they are different genders?

I'm leaning towards Clementine Susan at the moment. And I'm thinking that Clementine and Camden sound different enough. Thoughts?