Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rkrd View Post
    Perrine means 'traveler'. I've met a boy using Perrin, but no little girls named Perrine (though I have a few French ancestors with the name). I think it's sweet.
    I know a Perrine! Gorgeous name and it suits her well.

You might have to think about whether the name fits her or not, because I know a lot of names don't fit Chinese girls. I think Anna or Alice are nice names and would fit an Asian well. What about Jasmine, Fiona, Ivy, Lily, Sammy? Maybe you could use a name that sounds similar to her Chinese name. Like Li could be changed to Leah, or Xia could be translated to Charlotte.

Congrats! Just a note on "keeping her Chinese name", you may want to ask exactly how she got that Chinese name. My friend's little brother was adopted from China, and he showed up on the orphanage steps with a note saying his name... however, they changed his name to a line from one of Mao's poems. So it wasn't really his name... When I used to work at a foster home in Xi'An, we would get kids from the orphanage with mostly arbitrarily assigned names. Some of the names were actually borderline ridiculous... others had low class names... and still others just had names with political messages. So, if you're looking for a bridge to her culture, I don't think it's at all unethical to change the Chinese name to something meaningful. So, if you'd like to check out what her name means (and how natives would regard it), feel free to message me.

There are some names that work in both cultures (but very few)...
    May can become 梅 or 美 (Mei... a kind of flower, or beautiful)
    Fay can become 菲 Fei fragrant

But with your boys names Gabe, Dexter, and Quincy... my fav is Penelope (nn Penny would be so cute)... others:
    Camilla
    Cosette
    Blythe
    Rosalind
    Oriana
    Felicia
    Margot
    Adia
    Anastasia
    Autumn
    Briony
    Cassia
    Cambria
    Cecilia
    Celeste
    Eleanor
    Evelyn/ Eveline
    Georgiana
    Hope
    Jessamine
    Jacqueline
    Laurel
    Lorelei
    Lucia
    Maeve
    Miriam
    Melody
    Roxana
    Nadine
    Naomi
    Nelly
    Nora
    Nova
    Pearl
    Phoebe
    Rosemary
    Simone
    Stella
    Sylvia
    Tabitha
    Teresa/ Tessa
    Valentina
    Valeria
    Viola
    Violet
    Zara
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

We just adopted a little girl about the same age from Ethiopia. We're currently here waiting for a visa- what very big and exciting experience for your family!

My only advice is to give her a name that has some meaning to you. A connection to your family, a family name, or a name that links her to your kids somehow.

Good luck!
    Proud mama to L. and S.E.R.

*Magnolia Alice/ Evangeline Snow/ Adelaide Clover/Annabelle Violet/
    Wesley Rohan/ Hugo Phelan/August Grey/Thatcher Fox/ Ignatius Grey/Caius Grey*

What about Mirabelle / Mirabel? Like Annabelle, but less popular.
    Blythe - Claudia - Daphne - Flora - Hermione - Juliet - Louisa - Rosamund - Susannah

Alfred - Duncan - Edmund - Frederick - Hugo - Leopold - Linus