Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Penelope would be the only name from your list that I like. Other names you may like are

Maya
    Julia
    Lauren
    Camille
    Alyssa
    Sophia
    Mia
    Nadia
    Claudia
    Kendra
    Bethany
    Elise
    Chloe
    Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by daisybell View Post
    What's her Chinese name? Is there a way of translating that into English? It's something that was given to her, so that might be important to her someday.
    I was talking last night with a Chinese acquaintance about how she chose the English language name she uses in Australia. She said that she looked for a name with the same meaning as her given name, and matched the sound of the English name as much as she could to her family name, as family names are more 'important' (her word) than given names in China. I realize that may be more complicated for a child who has lost their connection with their family.
    Last edited by tosca; July 11th, 2013 at 06:08 PM.

My daughter is named Annabelle, and I love your boys names, so we must have similar naming styles! My favorite girls name right now us Gemma (it means precious gem), its not super common (at least where I live), but IMO it is farmiliar because of the "emma" sound.

Other girls names I really like are Grace and Violet which I would like to use in middle spots for a future daughter. Annabelle's middle name is Molly.

Thanks for all the ideas! Her Chinese name is Zi Shu. Our agency tells us Zi means violet or purple and Shu means kind/gentle. I wish I loved Violet, I think it's a very cool name, just doesn't feel quite right for us. Also, her name was given by the orphanage director, every child in the orphanage has the same last name. we want to honor her heritage but also give her a fresh start.
    We're still not sure what we're going to name her but this helps!
    Michelle

I love the idea of keeping her Chinese name as her middle name. Thank you . So wonderful!! I really like Annabelle . CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!