Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by gwensmom View Post
    I saw an interview with Busy Phillips once and she explained that being an Elizabeth called Busy, who only ever goes by Busy, she wanted to name her kids what she planned to call them. There are plenty of non-celebrity people who feel the same, and name their kids Sam or Andy or Kate, not Samuel/Andrew/Katherine. I prefer Cricket to Birdie actually but I don't have problem with either. I agree with pp who mentioned that it's actually easy to imagine old ladies named Birdie and Cricket, and I don't think I'd have a problem working in a professional setting with a middle aged Birdie either really.
    What I don't get/don't agree with about her explanation is that, from what I understand, her parents didn't give her the nickname Busy because they thought it could be short for Elizabeth. They called her that because she was an active baby. It wasn't premeditated, it was used because it suited her personality. I support the use of nicknames like Birdie and Cricket, but I feel like they should HAPPEN, not be PLANNED. Not just any girl can be a Cricket. Know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    @charlieandperry - I think of the sport, too! I'm watching the Ashes as well. How about that Agar? lol
    Haha yeah where did he come from?! Excellent innings- England will have to keep their eye on him. Not bad looking though

Ewww. I semi-like Birdie Leigh, it sounds cute and frilly but I can't really see a 49 year old woman wearing it well, let alone a 16 year old girl. That's a name that will fit the girl up until she's 8. Plus, I prefer Leigh spelt as Lee, just because it looks better.

But Cricket Pearl? Ew. I love the name Pearl, but Cricket? Why name your daughter after an ugly bug? It doesn't even sound cute, it's just gross and stupid. Honestly, I would have preferred Daisy Pearl, it's a whimsical name and it goes will with Birdie Leigh.

Everyone's reaction to Busy naming her daughter Cricket:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA
    A 16 year old girl with a penchant for names (◡‿◡✿)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Current Favorites [changes frequently]:
    ♀: Sylvie, Lux, Romy, Ottilie, Maisie, Pearl
    ♂: Leo, Atlas, Ezra, Archer, Beau, Flynn