Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Busy Philipps' second daughter's Name is...

Cricket Pearl. Not sure if anyone else heard this name yet or discussed it on here, but I just read it. She joins big sister Birdie Leigh. I was excited to hear the name she'd choose to go with Birdie, and I have to say, she picked a theme and committed to it! Thoughts? I like both as nicknames.

I love Birdie as a nickname and I love the middle name Pearl. Leigh I could take or leave (it's filler to me.) Cricket isn't my fave, but I think it could be cute as a nickname for the right kid. Both Birdie and Cricket are strange as first names, but definitely not the weirdest celebrity baby names. Plus, of all the weird cutesy nickname-y first names I've heard, I could actually imagine old ladies called Birdie and Cricket. Not Supreme Court justices or neurosurgeons, but still.

Lol! I think really obvious themes are super cheesy and uneventful. Birdie and Cricket are cute on their own but kind of annoying together.

This. Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    I love Birdie as a nickname and I love the middle name Pearl. Leigh I could take or leave (it's filler to me.) Cricket isn't my fave, but I think it could be cute as a nickname for the right kid. Both Birdie and Cricket are strange as first names, but definitely not the weirdest celebrity baby names. Plus, of all the weird cutesy nickname-y first names I've heard, I could actually imagine old ladies called Birdie and Cricket. Not Supreme Court justices or neurosurgeons, but still.
    Current Favorites:
    Elizabeth Lily nn Ellie
    Mary Emmeline nn Maisie
    Sarah Evangeline nn Sadie

Nathaniel nn Nate

No, just no! This is too much of a theme. What's next, Cheetah? Panda Bear? no, wait, BLUE Panda Bear. I could see another word name like Rose, or Violet, or Poppy, or even Pepper! But not another animal name. I'm disappointed because I really like Birdie and had it on my list, but would never choose Cricket.