Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I love the name Marina! One of my childhood best friends is named Marina, so I have a soft spot for it. Maren is another of my favorites. Willa Maren works a bit better as a combo if you're committed to first name Willa, since Willa and Marina both end in A. (Repeated ending sounds don't always bother me, but it does sound a little redundant in this instance. Not terrible, though, if you really prefer Marina to an alternative.)

My husband and I are using Marina as a middle name for our daughter (due in December). She will be Anna Marina, "grace like the sea." I LOVE the name. I think it's unique and lovely, and we love the sea connection as well.
    Stepmom to Kate and Matt
    Expecting Anna on 19 December 2013

Great Lakes
    Marina is a great way to honor your dad. I don't care for it with Willa, it deserves to be up front and there's something I don't like about the combo. I agree with whoever it was that said they like Ashlyn Marina.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Midwest, US
    It's a great name and great connection. I'm the mom of a 4 year-old, so I do think of the Fresh Beat Band, but that's definitely not a a reason NOT to use it.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

Quote Originally Posted by deltawhisky View Post
    Great, underused name and more exotic that Mary/Maria. I don't think two names ending in "A" flow well though (wilLA/mariNA), so perhaps something similar would work like Maren or Mirren (which have sea meanings) or the scottish Murron. If you prefer Marina (and it IS gorgeous) I would pair it with Ashlyn from your list, e.g. Ashlyn Marina.x
    I agree. Marina is beautiful, more beautiful than Maren, Mirren or Murron.
    Cecily Beatrice, Charlotte Ravenna, Aurora Valkyrie, Rosalyn Amoret, Melody Seraphina, Helena Rosamund

Robin Lysander, Edmund Ludwig, Magnus Roland, Thorin Gaspar, Percy Beowulf, Erik Wesley, Tristan Emil