Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Breech baby

Hi there,

My baby was breech however it wasn't picked up until they did an internal exam the day before I was due to see how far dilated I was. I had been saying for weeks that the constant pushing under my left rib had to be her head but they kept telling me she was engaged and it must have been her bum.

Since I was so late in finding out and they estimated my babies size to be over about 3.5 kilo they didn't recommend attempting to turn her by EV since there wasn't much room by then. They gave me the option of vaginal breech birth or c section.

For me personally i didn't feel comfortable giving birth vaginally to a breech baby as the stats of something going wrong were much higher than a scheduled C section and there was still a chance that I would have to have an emergency c section if something went wrong.

I went with the c section the next day and in the end I was glad I did because my baby came out a huge 4.1 kilo and the doctors told me that it would have been impossible for me to deliver her vaginally at that size.

Obviously every case is different and you should do what feels right for you. You are lucky to have found out early so you have time to think and research the different options available to you. The only thing I would say is that from what I've heard they normally like to do the EV at around 36/38 weeks as the baby is still small enough to be easily turned and there is usually more fluid.

Good luck with everything!