Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Breech baby

Forgot to ask: if you do an external version, why would you have to get induced right away if it works? Are they afraid the baby will turn breech again if you don't give birth immediately?

My third baby was breech at 34 weeks and a midwife friend showed me some simple yoga techniques to do and when my water broke at 36 1/2 weeks, he had already turned on his own. I was concerned about it because my first son was breech and I had a scheduled c-section but I've done VBAC ever since. I've also had friends do acupuncture.

My sister-in-law had a vaginal frank breech birth (bum first) with her eldest. They tried everything to turn baby but she wouldn't budge! The hosptial initially wouldn't allow a vaginal breech brith but there were a midwife and doctor that had experiance with it so they were told as long as they were on duty and the baby was frank breech when she went into labor they would allow it. When the time came she ended up with a whole room full of midwifes and students who had never seen a vaginal breech birth!

Vaginal breech birth it not something I would consider persoanlly but if you feel strongly about it and your hosptial allows it, it is an option.
    The 3 Princesses in my life...

Elizabeth Hope
    Annabelle Cadence
    Madeleine Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by loisvs View Post
    Forgot to ask: if you do an external version, why would you have to get induced right away if it works? Are they afraid the baby will turn breech again if you don't give birth immediately?
    Yep and because they give you something to relax your uterus. Same reason why if it didn't work she would go straight to a c section. This is why she wouldn't even do it until 39 weeks.

There aren't too many choices or options where I live to try and find a doctor to deliver a breech baby. I'm just hoping she flips and have been trying to do stretches to allow more room for her to do that.

Ugh, I just found out yesterday that this baby is head-up, too. But I'm only at 32 weeks now, and measuring small. Not going to start worrying yet. Hope I don't have to eat my words about ECV not being too painful if we get to that point this time.
    Mom to James Daniel (9), William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

TTC #5
    Serena (Seri), Amy, Diana, Kate, Adele, Georgia, Audrey, Lucy, Linnea, Clara
    Thomas, Henry, Orin, Arthur, Samuel

DH's "approved" list:
    Seri, Amy, Diana, Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas, Martin ("maybe")