Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Breech baby

Breech baby

So I'm 34 weeks and my baby is breech based on an ultrasound 3 weeks ago and an exam 2 weeks ago. Plus her head is under my right rib cage and I keep getting kicked in the bladder! I really don't want a c-section and I know I have a little time still but even the external version doesn't sound appealing if necessary either. Did anyone have experience with breech babies "behaving" and turning before they went into labor or with the ev? I really wanted an unmediated birth and know that anything can happen but I really don't want to have a scheduled c-section for a lot of reasons.

Well, I was supposed to be breech but a week before my due date, I turned myself around, so it does happen. There are some different techniques you can use to try and get your baby to turn herself around. This website has a lot of techniques and was recommended to me by my midwife when I was pregnant: http://www.spinningbabies.com/

I did some of these while I was pregnant because my baby was too far over to one side and needed to be more in the center. After about two weeks my baby did move to center like she was supposed to, so I would recommend giving it a try.

Find a chiropractor that does Webster technique and someone that does acupuncture and moxibustion. Between the 2 techniques, the rate of getting babies to flip is over 80%. Not guaranteed, of course, but definitely helps.

You can find a chiro at http://icpa4kids.org/Find-a-Chiropractor/. Good luck!
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman
    Other favorites:
    Ladies: Fiala Joan · Alma · Miriam · Claudia · Tabitha · Helena · Linnea · Vivian
    Gents: Jasper Simon · Arthur · Simon · Desmond · Theodore · Malcolm
    · Dexter · Phillip
    Guilty Pleasures: Lyric · Echo · Hero · Juno/Juniper · Lark · Wren · Zephyr · Vesper
    · Loki · Kyrie

What does your doctor say?

Lots of babies present breech around this time and then turn. My sister's baby remained breech and she had a vaginal birth.
    Psalm 23