Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Expecting Twins! Need help revising our name list!

Last year I posted an entirely hypothetical "do any of these names sound good?" post, since my Husband and I were considering starting a family. Fast forward to now and we just found out I'm pregnant with twins. We don't know the genders yet but now I'm looking at our "short list" of names and wondering which ones (boy-boy, girl-girl, girl-boy) could work together.

As some background our last name is double barreled, Jewish and English, "Greenberg Jones" (for example's sake) but I have Mexican heritage and like Spanish names as well as Jewish names. My name is both Mexican and biblical, so it fits the bill nicely, but it's also a "Classic English" name. My husband is British and likes traditional English names and doesn't like Mexican names as he finds them hard to pronounce (so I had to scrap a family favorite -- Javier). So, without further ado, here's our short list. Certain names are preferred by one of us and not the other (ahem, Hubby loves Rosamund and I'm not such a fan, but could go with Rosalie, etc). Also, any suggestions outside our lists would be greatly appreciated!

GIRLS
    Noa
    Nora
    Rosamund/Rosalie
    Lucy
    Eleanor
    Martina
    Georgina
    Cecilia
    Millicent
    Emiliana/Emeline
    Elisa

BOYS
    Adlai
    Emmet
    Edward
    Jesse
    William
    Henry
    Loren
    Lewis
    Benjamin

Thanks for all that info. How many syllables are we dealing with the surname and what's the first initial?

I noticed the name Benjamin at the bottom of the list. You could go with names that are the same in English and Spanish like that (David, Daniel, etc.) You could look into -a ending names that fit with girls to come both heritages:

Catalina
    celia
    Clarissa
    claudia
    Dahlia
    Elsa
    Francesca
    Gloria
    Greta
    Maia
    Mara
    Marina
    Martha
    Matilda
    Natalya
    Nova
    Paloma
    Renata
    Rosa
    Samara
    Sylvia
    Tabitha
    Vera
    Virginia
    Tess

I noticed a lot of classical names on the list like Edward, William, and Henry. With classics be prepared to have your son or daughter be referred to as William G. as opposed to William I. from kindergarten well into the work force but that's your call. You could take a variation of them to make it more interesting like Ned, Liam, or Ward.

With such an eclectic family, I'd dust off that family tree and look at what other first as well as middle names have been used. Sometimes the answer is in the closest place. Good luck.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Rosanna comes to mind as a suggestion. I like Eleanor, Martina, Emiliana, Emmet, Henry, and Benjamin from your list. Also perhaps Carmen, Damian, Hector or Simona.... Best of luck!!

Our last name is three syllables like Greenberg Jones but the initials are G C

I think a classic name is the way to go here. Also, names from Latin roots are often used in Mexico. My favorites from your list are Rosamund/Rosalie, Lucy, Eleanor, Cecilia, and Millicent; Edward, Jesse, Lewis, and Benjamin. There are lots of good combinations with these including:

Rosalie and Eleanor
    Edward and Benjamin
    Millicent and Edward
    Eleanor and Edward

Some suggestions-- Lucinda or Luciana with the nn Lucy/Luci would work well if you would like a longer name and a nn. You could also use Lucia. Lucinda and Benjamin, Luciana and Edward, Lucia and Jesse, etc. work well. You could also use Nora as a nn for Eleanor. Instead of Rosamund/Rosalie, there's Rosalind/Rosalinda or Rosemaria (I like the suggestion of Rosanna above too).

Some other possibilities:

Alessandra
    Alicia
    Aurelia
    Aurora
    Beatrice/Beatriz
    Carolina
    Cassandra
    Dorothea
    Felice/Felicia
    Isadora
    Juliet/Julieta