Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Eating My Words (sigh)!

OK Berries,
    We are expecting our second little one in March, and it will be awhile before we find out the sex. From the beginning, the girl's name has given us problems, and while I love our current choice, I would be lying if I said I was totally, 100% sold. So, our criteria is: it has to be a family name (both first and middle), it has to go with our son's name (both Harold and Hal) and it needs to sound decent with our last name, in case our daughter ever gets married and decides to move our last name as her middle (German, 2 syllables, hard K sound.)

I'm a traditionalist and, no offense, but I have never fancied unisex names or boy names taken for girl names. HOWEVER, we have a great grandpa George, and a grandma Georgia in our family, and for the first time today I thought, "What about Georgie- for a girl???" (PS- Hate it for a boy. Would only use George.) IDK, seems just as OK as using Charlie, Ryan, or Frankie. Thoughts and opinions are appreciated!
    It's Official: Mother of Two, now
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

I love it!!!!! I also like Georgia if you wanted to just keep the same name. But mixing the two is very cool! and cute
    -Kiele

I like it. There was a female character on a popular soap called Georgie, so it's not unheard of in the US.

Thanks for your input Kiele.

I forgot to add, her first name would be Georgina and her nn would be Georgie. Oops!
    It's Official: Mother of Two, now
    Harold Jonathan, nn
    Hal
    and Kurt Matthew!

I would use Georgia nn Georgie. It's just too nickname-y by itself.