Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Ulysses has been growing on me! That is a good one!
    I am not sure if I have anything new to contribute, but I will try.

Abraxas
    Leonidis - nn Leon, Lon, or popular Leo
    Leander
    Evander
    Axel

The girl's names combos are all lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by ellejames View Post
    I also like previous suggestions of Alder and Orion (could have nickname Ori... Like Cory without the c)?
    My Hubs name is Corey, so unfortunately Orion nn Ori won't work for us. And he says Ember sounds too much like a "girl name".

I threw a bunch of your suggestions at him though & he is totally on board with Atlas and Zephyr & he says he really likes Zane & Thane as well! Thanks Berries, I think this is a great bunch of names for us to compromise with. I knew you's come through!
    New username is @ truenature

You've got a great list happening there! LOVE Zephyr and Atlas!

A couple more suggestions:
    Onyx
    Laiken
    Alta
    West
    Aspen
    Calix

I like the suggestion of Ember instead of Ender but agree with your hubs it sounds like girls name.. But Ender sounds too much like endometriosis to me..!

Quote Originally Posted by noora View Post
    Also, what about Willow, offbeat for a boy, nature name, and fantasy reference. And he would have Will to fall back on.
    Probably not the right choice for us since I LOVE the movie "Willow". It is totally my guilty pleasure movie, (Rool & Franjean, and Fin Raziel are the best part) and would be a totally riduculous insulting thing to name my baby after that Willow! Hahaha. Seriously if you've never seen it just watch the preview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TZFtUwAs0wk

Quote Originally Posted by slave bracelets View Post
    I like the suggestion of Ember instead of Ender but agree with your hubs it sounds like girls name.. But Ender sounds too much like endometriosis to me..!
    HAHAHA Endometriosis!!! Love it.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!
    Abraxas - Might be too out there for us without a real usable nn.
    Leonidis - I know he'll like this one for the 300 connection!
    Evander - He doesn't care for it but it WOULD be a good way to get nn Ender.
    Axel - "Like Axel Rose?" I actually like this but I would chose Atlas over Axel for sure.
    Onyx - He likes it but I think of that rock snake thing from Pokemon.
    Laiken - He doesn't like Aiken or anything that sounds like Aiken. I've tried!
    Alta - This is a cool name but apparently not cool enough to sway him from his faves.
    West - I don't know after K&K just named their kid North.
    Aspen - I love it.
    Calix - Maybe not, just not a fan of nn Cal.
    New username is @ truenature

Reynard - After Reynard the Fox, a trickster in Medeval French fables, and the character Renardine in Gunnerkrigg Court (a sci-fi web comic)
    Orvar - Means "arrow" in Old Norse and Orvar-Oddr was a hero in Norse mythology
    Fletcher - Means "maker of arrows", and a place name (Fletcher Islands). Also a character in some fantasy settings (Mundungus Fletcher from Harry Potter, Morris Fletcher in X-Files, Fletcher Tringham from Fullmetal Alchemist, Fletcher Renn from the Skulduggery Pleasant series)
    Briar or Thorn - After Blackbriar Thorn, a DC Comics supervillan
    Hawk - After Hawkeye (The Avengers)
    Brego - A horse in the Lord of the Rings film trilogy
    Peregrin - The full first name of Pippin from Lord of the Rings, and a type of falcon
    Idris - The TARDIS personified in Doctor Who episode 'The Doctor's Wife', and the name of a mountain in Wales (Cadair Idris)
    Wolverine - Well it's an animal too!
    Girls: Alice, Anna, Astrid, Beatrice, Clara, Elodie, Emily, Evelyn, Hannah, Hermione, Lorna, Phoebe, Sophie, Sylvia
    Boys: Andrew, Arthur, Elliot, Griffin, Hamish, Henry, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Robin, Rupert, Thomas, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Damaris, Digory, Emrys, Ganymede, Hester, Jessamine, Phineas, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx