Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Offbeat names that blend Nature & Fantasy?

Help my husband and I find a compromise! We are pregnant now.
    We both like rather offbeat names, and we have a couple ideas for if we end up with a girl, but we are having trouble agreeing on names for a boy.

I like Nature kinds of names (think Fox, Sage, Arrow, Hawthorn, Archer, Yarrow etc.)
    & my husband is dead-set on his list of fantasy-type names (Ender, Thor, Odin, Bane, Oberon etc.)

Can anyone suggest some names that might help us find some middle ground? I could see us settling on the right mythology type name, but I haven't found the right one. HELP US, BERRIES!

*Our last name is 3 syllables and starts with N.
    *Our daughter's name is Azula Rosemary.

(The girls' names we have all but settled on for this pregnancy are Athena Coral or Valencia Sage)
    Last edited by katieydenberg; July 10th, 2013 at 01:35 PM.

The first one that popped into my head was Sylvan. It has a fantasy feel to me, but the meaning, from the forest, might make it appeal to you. Also, what about Willow, offbeat for a boy, nature name, and fantasy reference. And he would have Will to fall back on.
    Here are a few more suggestions:

Caius
    Cosmo
    Magnus
    Tarquin
    Decimus
    Seneca
    Octavius
    Titus
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem

Quote Originally Posted by noora View Post
    Also, what about Willow, offbeat for a boy, nature name, and fantasy reference. And he would have Will to fall back on.
    Probably not the right choice for us since I LOVE the movie "Willow". It is totally my guilty pleasure movie, (Rool & Franjean, and Fin Raziel are the best part) and would be a totally riduculous insulting thing to name my baby after that Willow! Hahaha. Seriously if you've never seen it just watch the preview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=TZFtUwAs0wk

Quote Originally Posted by slave bracelets View Post
    I like the suggestion of Ember instead of Ender but agree with your hubs it sounds like girls name.. But Ender sounds too much like endometriosis to me..!
    HAHAHA Endometriosis!!! Love it.

Thanks for all the great suggestions!
    Abraxas - Might be too out there for us without a real usable nn.
    Leonidis - I know he'll like this one for the 300 connection!
    Evander - He doesn't care for it but it WOULD be a good way to get nn Ender.
    Axel - "Like Axel Rose?" I actually like this but I would chose Atlas over Axel for sure.
    Onyx - He likes it but I think of that rock snake thing from Pokemon.
    Laiken - He doesn't like Aiken or anything that sounds like Aiken. I've tried!
    Alta - This is a cool name but apparently not cool enough to sway him from his faves.
    West - I don't know after K&K just named their kid North.
    Aspen - I love it.
    Calix - Maybe not, just not a fan of nn Cal.
    New username is @ truenature

Oh, Orion, too!
    Noora
    Mom to Rusha, Tarek, and Naseem

I like Archer and Ender! Bane reminds me too much of the Batman villain.
    Heres some you might like:

Caurus
    Brant
    Dagan
    Alder
    Boyce
    Ellery
    Forrest
    Sterling
    Hackett
    Holt
    Oren