Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Alice and Celia

Alice and Celia

So is this too matchy-matchy??
    I have a real soft spot for Celia (and I think my hubby would be keen) but if you toss the letters around, yes, same letters different name.
    What do you think? Cute, stupid....?? Do you think anyone who is outside the nameberry community would even pick up the link??
    I think it's sweet but do you think my son would feel on the outer in the years to come?
    Or is this all really a non-issue?
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Actually.. I think it looks a bit odd as Alice and Celia are each others anagrams. It seems a bit matchy matchy and I don't think I'd use it.

I'm not a massive NB and usually don't pick up on all the namesakes and name connotations, but this one I caught immediately. Its a bit like when people have twins and essentially use the same name, but slightly different.

I think Alice and Celia as sisters are perfect. To be honest I don't think most people would pick up on the link unless you pointed it out.

Celia is a beautiful name.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena -Enid
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Edmund - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Peregrine - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

I love that they each use the same letters. What a special way to connect them without being too matchy at all. Use it! I don't think it will be something that is caught on to very much.
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne - Piper - Juna
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher - Ledger - Brinker

I actually love them together. They're distinct enough to feel separate. I also really enjoy that it would be a quintessential English literature sibset (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Harry Potter & Shakespeare).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]