Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Alice and Celia

Not too matchy, not many will pick up connection and lovely
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

Alice and Celia sound different enough not to be super matchy. Actually, I love the anagram connection for sisters and both names are lovely.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student ● Writer ● Name nerd

Constance HermioneSibyl JemimaEmmelineRamona Gwen Esme
    Emrys Basil Atlas Grover LeonardoAlgernonIgnatius Oscar

I don't think the sounds of Alice and Celia are too matchy, but if you're worried about the anagram thing, what about Cecelia?
    I don't think your son would feel left out at all since they're different genders. Now, if you were planning on having a fourth child that could also be a girl, I might worry about them feeling like the odd one out.

Expecting #1 in June!

Boy: Quentin Charles or Reid ??
    Girl: Catherine Violet or ??
    Beta fish: Blodwyn

Aww...that's sweet! I wouldn't image many outside the 'baby naming sites', like NB, would pick up on it too much. (I didn't catch on to the same letters fact, until you pointed it out.) Despite the same letters, these two names sound and feel totally different! If you love the name, the connection it has with your other two children, AND you and your hubby love it...then by all means...use it.

((Cool also about the previous poster's comment about the literary connections)).

Alice, Celia and Henry sound nice together. Good luck with what you decide!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerian View Post
    Actually.. I think it looks a bit odd as Alice and Celia are each others anagrams. It seems a bit matchy matchy and I don't think I'd use it.

I'm not a massive NB and usually don't pick up on all the namesakes and name connotations, but this one I caught immediately. Its a bit like when people have twins and essentially use the same name, but slightly different.
    I agree with this. I noticed immediately that they shared all the same letters. (as well as the same soft c sound. sss)

It's not necessarily a bad thing though, if you think it's cute that their names would be anagrams, I see nothing wrong with it!
    Cassia | Phoebe | Emmeline | Matilda | Oona | Sylvie | Dahlia | Rosalind | Vivienne | Miranda
    Milo | Emmett | Sebastian | Theodore | Lucian | Rafferty | Matteo | Vincent | Donovan | Wesley