Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Audrey?

My grandmother! And Ms Hepburn, of course. Audrey is top of my list. I think it's a beautiful name, but it's an honour name for me, too. My grandmother is nicknamed Audie by her next door neighbour's children.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Audrey Hepburn, definitely. I cannot describe my love for this name, one of my absolute favourites! And as it has been said above, it is already a relatively short name so a nickname isn't a huge necessity.
    ♂ Atticus, August, Benedict, Francisco, George ♂

♀ Audrey, Lana, Marisol ♀

My youngest niece is Audrey (not quite a year old). The family nn for her is Ree-Ree or Rea (REE-AH). Not sure if they will stick. My husband calls her "the Ree-sta".....but that's to annoy his brother about it!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

I think Audrey is adorable. Like many previous posters have said, I think of the timeless and elegant Audrey Hepburn.

Possible nicknames:

Auden
    Audi/Audie/Audy
    Aure
    Dree

I think of Audrey Hepburn or an old lady I know. I might be in the minority here but it's a name I can't picture on a small child at all, I find it very dated but not of the 'old enough to come back' kind. I think the other ladies have covered most of the nicknames, though with the -rey sound on the end you could use Rea/Ria or Drea/Dria as well.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George