Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you make me love Matilda?

Matilda seems to fit all of my criteria but there's something I just don't like about it and I can't put my finger on it. I love Mattie, Millie, and Tillie for NNs, it has a saint connection, it fits well with my other names, and just feels like a solid choice. Yet something is there blocking me from committing to it. Can you make me love Matilda?

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Heath Ledger & Michelle Williams' little girl is a very cute reason to love Matilda.

Some names check all the boxes on paper but just don't feel right. I'm that way with Amelia...its a beautiful classic name with nickname potential and I love it on paper, but something about the way its pronounced just doesn't work for me. You can think Matilda is a great name, but just not great for you.

If you really want to try to fall in love with it I'd say just take time and let it grow on you. Try picturing your future little girl and see if you think Matilda would hypothetically suit her.

I can think of a block (or a sell, depending on your opinion) -

Once a jolly swagman, camped by a billabong, under the shade of a Coolabah tree...

That would be my reason for not using the name...as an Aussie it's hard to push to one side.

Thanks everyone for the opinions! Anyone else have something to add?

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names