Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'll second the Badger products and the raw honey/baking soda mask. I don't do much of anything to my face anymore, and my skin has improved greatly over what it used to be. If you want to give it a whirl, I've heard really good things (from friends who were incredibly skeptical) about hazelwood necklaces for treating skin problems.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    This may or may not be helpful, but the Environmental Working Group has a skin care database that lists a lot of well-known and not so well known skin care products rates their safety based on the ingredients used. It's pretty cool. Skin Deep Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    This may or may not be helpful, but the Environmental Working Group has a skin care database that lists a lot of well-known and not so well known skin care products rates their safety based on the ingredients used. It's pretty cool. Skin Deep� Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

My husband and I are on the Feingold diet, due to his ADHD and high-functioning autism. For the most part, the diet just cuts out artificial colorings, flavorings, and preservatives, but when he was on Stage 1, he couldn't have any foods or use any products containing salicylates, as they could trigger a reaction (read: ADHD/autism symptoms). Once he'd been on Stage 1 long enough to clear all the artificial ingredients from his system, he was able to slowly reintroduce the salicylates. He had no problems with them after that.

All this to say, if you generally eat natural foods and use natural products, a topical application containing salicylic acid is likely safe. But if your family has a history of sensitivity to salicylates and/or you consume a lot of food/use a lot of products containing synthetic ingredients, it is more likely to be an issue.
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu