Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Calder, Alistair, or Orson

I'm trying to decide which goes best with the names Dashiell "Dash", Isabeau, Adair, and Reverie.

I like Calder a lot, but I don't know if I love it. I love Alistair, but it seems like it might not fit a little boy. Orson is also one of my favorites, but I don't know how well it goes with the other names.

What do you think? Are there any other names that you think might work?

I love Calder! I think Dashiell, Isabeau, Adair, Reverie, and Calder are amazing, too. I can appreciate Alistair, but I don't love it, and while Orson is a nice name, I really can't get into it. It seems harsh to me, and I just think of a terrible baddie in a TV show I used to love.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd & aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace + Caleb Elias Joseph + Arianne Eleanor Daisy + Everett Joshua Charles + Olivia Wren Camille
    Grant Frédéric Conrad + Violet Emilia Mary + Casper Nathaniel Eden + Grace Odilia Lily + Samuel Gaspard John

I've recently started a new story--feel free to come along with me for the journey! havengermany.blogspot.com
    Chapter 1 is up! And an author's note! (Alas, don't get too excited.)

I think Calder stands out the most since it's not as used often as the other two. Alistair could definitely fit a young boy and is a bit too on-trend like Oscar. I feel these are kind of the same style.

Barnaby
    Dermot
    Grady
    Jonah
    Malcolm
    Quentin
    Simon
    Trevor
    Wyatt
    Eddie (to Saffy): Oh, darling, Mummy loves you. On the day you were born I *knew* I wanted you...
    Patsy: However, the day after...

Calder is great! Alistair sounds like a villain from a '70s sitcom, and Orson just puts me in mind of Orson Welles...yes, he was brilliant, but....

I like Calder best. Orson second. Alistair is too close too Adair to me, same beginning and ending.

Audrey Cora Esme Fiona Hazel Margot Matilda Phoebe Sylvie Zara

Archer Cormac Everett Jasper Leo Lucian Matteo Milo Rhys Theo