Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Calder, Alistair, or Orson

I'm trying to decide which goes best with the names Dashiell "Dash", Isabeau, Adair, and Reverie.

I like Calder a lot, but I don't know if I love it. I love Alistair, but it seems like it might not fit a little boy. Orson is also one of my favorites, but I don't know how well it goes with the other names.

What do you think? Are there any other names that you think might work?

I love Calder! I think Dashiell, Isabeau, Adair, Reverie, and Calder are amazing, too. I can appreciate Alistair, but I don't love it, and while Orson is a nice name, I really can't get into it. It seems harsh to me, and I just think of a terrible baddie in a TV show I used to love.

I think Calder stands out the most since it's not as used often as the other two. Alistair could definitely fit a young boy and is a bit too on-trend like Oscar. I feel these are kind of the same style.

Barnaby
    Dermot
    Grady
    Jonah
    Malcolm
    Quentin
    Simon
    Trevor
    Wyatt
    Eddie (to Saffy): Oh, darling, Mummy loves you. On the day you were born I *knew* I wanted you...
    Patsy: However, the day after...

Calder is great! Alistair sounds like a villain from a '70s sitcom, and Orson just puts me in mind of Orson Welles...yes, he was brilliant, but....

I like Calder best. Orson second. Alistair is too close too Adair to me, same beginning and ending.