Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

YOU: 1900 Edition

1. Go here: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/#ht=1
    2. Scroll down and change the birth year to the year you were born. Where it says "Popularity," change it to "Top 1000."
    3. Click go. You will come to a page where you can find the ranking of your first and middle names for the year you were born.
    Example: Let's say my name is Amy Katherine and I was born in 1985. I would find that Amy was the 20th most popular girls' name in 1985, and that Katherine was the 32nd most popular girls' name that year.
    4. Write down the rankings for your first and middle name for the year you were born. Now, go back to the first page you were on: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/#ht=1
    5. This time, you will change the birth year to 1900 and you will once again change the popularity to "Top 1000."
    6. Find the names that match the rankings for your birth year.
    Example: For Amy Katherine born in 1985, her 1900 name would be Mildred Myrtle, because Mildred was the 20th most popular girls' name in 1900 and Myrtle was the 32nd most popular girls' name in 1900.

Please feel free to list just the new name that matches your gender or the name for the opposite gender as well. If either your first name, middle name, or both were not ranked for your birth year, you can choose a new name that was ranked to replace it.

My 1900 name would be Hilda Rosalind (which I actually find quite charming!) and if I'd been a boy, Jacob Courtney (which I'm not a fan of).

Good idea
    contemplating combos:
    August David Dodge · August Henry Dodge · Barnaby Viggo Paul · Barnaby Atlas Paul
    Leona Vesper Lynn · Vivian Lillie Revere · Florence Patricia Mae · Zelda Katherine Rose

Ruth Beulah, which I'm not even sure how to pronounce, or, had I been a boy, Charles Lloyd.
    Teenberry - Writer - Singer
    Adela - Alexandra - Claire - Elizabeth - Felicity - Greer - Hallie - Joanna - Katherine - Kenna - Phoebe - Rebekah
    Andrew - Anthony - Brady - Charles - Edward - Griffin - Henry - Ian - Jacob - Jeremy - Matthew - Stephan - Theodore

My 1900 names are Bernice Mayme and Mack Wilson.
    Last edited by baileyanne; July 9th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
    -Bailey-
    19 year old name addict

Alice, Eleanor, Elodie, Eloise, Esme, Eve, Felicity, Imogen, Isla, Ivy, June, Maeve, Olive, Phoebe, Violet
    Dashiell, Declan, Elliot, Everett, Ezra, Felix, Finn, Henry, Hugo, Isaac, Jasper, Jude, Luke, Oliver, Samuel

Kelsey Alanna- 36, 461
    1900 Name: Edith Lue