Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thoughts on Whitleigh?

Yes Whitleigh not Whitney. My husband loves it. I'm on the fence. I love that it's different but hmmm? Not sure.

I had a class with a girl named Whitley my junior year. She was an extremely nice girl, so while the name isn't my style at all, I have positive associations. I hate the Whitleigh spelling though. It's overly trendeigh and completely unnecessareigh.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    History student, name nerd, and general geek.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Whitley isn't too bad, although it kind of sounds like a department store. I prefer Whitney.

Whitleigh looks a little tortured.

I'm not sure about the -leigh ending. It feels like an affected way to spell -ley like Hayley vs. Hayleigh. The first time I ran into the name Whitley was on the 80s spinoff of the "Cosby Show", "A Different World". It's a less popular variation of Whitney. I wonder why your husband likes it so much.
    Eddie (to Saffy): Oh, darling, Mummy loves you. On the day you were born I *knew* I wanted you...
    Patsy: However, the day after...

I kinda like it! I think many people, especially older ones would always hear Whitney first,and that might become tiresome. Like the others, I prefer the whitley spelling.