Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asher and ....

Asher and ....

I have a son named Asher, 2 years old, and expecting another in about 6 weeks. Would it be too weird to name this next son Archer? I love both names, but need some opinions on Asher and Archer as siblings. Is it "Aww, that's cute!" or "Eww, what were they thinking!?" Thanks for you input!

Hmm.. Not really a fan of Asher and Archer together, sorry! Then again, I'm not a fan of siblings with the same letter at the beginning of the names anyways.

Asher and Rhys sounds really cute though.
    Catelin Geneva
    Just highschooler by day author by night obsessed with names and future babies when she's much older.

Cecily Eirwen Ophelia, Belphoebe Judith Primrose, Isolde Bellona Winter, Circe Guinevere Florence
    ::
    Rainier Gideon Wolf, Eddard Severus Wolf, Peregrin Julius Harrow, Dorian Oliver Fox, Casimir Endymion Silver

Too close. I could see it getting confusing.

Sadly, if I were you, I would not name my sons Asher and Archer. :/ They are simply too similar in sound and vibe. It's a bit like naming your daughters Mia and Maya or Jennifer and Jessica. They should have their own identity. My mom mixes up our names and they don't even start with the same letters. Fletcher is a similar name with a similar vibe and meaning that avoids the problem. You can definitely still name him Archer though, if you love it.

Let us know if you want ideas for alternatives! And what kinds of names you like.
    Last edited by sparrowfinch; July 9th, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
    Names I enjoy:

Girls: Lucy, Elena, Lake, Sylvie

Boys: Jack, Eamon, Sylvan, Theo

Photo by Corey Arnold

I love both Asher and Archer, but sorry, they just sound too similar.

Suggestions:
    Holden
    Jude
    Hudson
    Reid
    Beau
    Declan
    Beckett
    Cooper (same ending though)
    Callum
    Sterling
    Lachlan