Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you prefer for Baby Boy Reynolds?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knox Jameson

20 33.90%
  • Miles Charleston (to be called Milo)

39 66.10%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'm actually in favor of Knox Jameson. The two names give me very different images. Knox Jameson wears worn Levi's and cowboy boots and drives a pick-up truck, whereas Miles Charleston wears plaid shorts and Sperrys and drives a BMW. It just depends on what kind of image you want. I prefer the former.
    Last edited by southern.maple; July 9th, 2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: finally got out what I meant to say
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    I'm actually in favor of Knox Jameson. The two names give me very different images. Knox Jameson wears worn Levi's and cowboy boots and drives a pick-up truck, whereas Miles Charleston wears plaid shorts and Sperrys and drives a BMW. It just depends on what kind of image you want. I prefer the former.
    I love that you explained the images you get, and completely love that image of a guy named Knox! Do you get the same general sense from a Milo as from a Miles, or do you picture those names differently? I ask, because my husband really wants Miles to be the official name on the birth certificate (so he'll have a more mature "full name" to use later if he wants) but we plan to call him Milo. Essentially, I'll have a Knox Jameson and/or a Milo Charleston.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieberry View Post
    They make a great sibset I voted for Miles Charlston for your September baby. Good luck!
    Thanks! I really hope we get to use both. We definitely want more kids, and if we have another boy, we'll use whichever name we don't use this time. A future girl would most likely be called Genevieve Frances (nn Vivi).

It definitely seems like Miles is a popular name among the Berries! Anyone concerned it might be getting TOO popular? I know it's top 100 on Nameberry for the first half of 2013 (according to today's article), but it's also 111 for Social Security in 2012... although Milo (which is what we plan to actually CALL him) is still at 330, which is fine with me. Knox wins the not-too-popular contest between the two names, coming in just a little lower at 368 on the Social Security list. I'm obviously not shooting for something too terribly obscure since I'm fine with a name in the 300s for popularity, but I'd like to avoid anything that's going to go Top Ten anytime soon. I just don't want this child to have to use his last initial to identify himself.

I can't speak for southern.maple, but to me it's the middle names that are giving off the rugged vs. preppy vibe moreso than the first names. Knox isn't especially cowboy-ish to me (it's very modern-sounding and has that Jolie-Pitt connection), but Jameson is rugged. Charleston, on the other hand, sound very upper-crust Southern to me. I'll admit Miles is somewhat preppy-sounding on its own, but Milo could go either way, from country to artsy. It's Charles/Charleston that's really coloring my perception of it. My first inclination when I looked at the poll was to suggest Miles Jameson, but then I read the actual post.