Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Nora Sophia? Due in 7 weeks

So I am really liking Nora. It's old fashioned and not too popular. My 9 yr old son has picked Sophia. Very popular but his opinion matters to me alot. How does it sound together?

Sounds great!

Nora is fine by itself and Sophia is alright by itself, but together, Nora Sophia, isn't my cup of tea.

For one, Sophia is the #1 most used name in the USA as statistics show. Another thing, Nora has the a-ending and Sophia has the a-ending. I think it's really sweet and cute that your son picked out a name for your little girl, but maybe you could ask him again to see what else he likes. (:

I hope I wasn't too harsh?
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

I think it's a lovely name (I adore Nora) and so sweet that your son picked Sophia. It flows nicely, imo. I don't think popularity of a name matters as much in the mn spot. Nora means light and Sophia means wisdom, conjuring beautiful symbolism.
    Last edited by kashed22; July 9th, 2013 at 12:44 PM.

I am concerned about the 'a' sound too. But I think Nora Sophia just might work with a surname of three syllables, ending with an 'n'. I think in this case the surname carries alot of weight on whether this name will work. If the surname sounds 'significant'.

In that case you might try:
    Norelle Sophia

sorry but I can't find anything else that is similar to Nora and works with Sophia.
    Good luck in name-searching

You have a sweet son