Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by makaylaerin View Post
    I agree with you about her asking for an opinion, but people completely jumped down on her hard over a name that she's not really sure about in the first place. I have a very strange taste in names that most people would run away from, but no one has ever gotten nasty with me before. Definitely not like this. I feel like I should apologize too just for all these replies. Another thing, YOU DO NOT ridicule someone's kid like people have done. I think Maeby is adorable and if others don't like it, keep it to yourself. She didn't want anybody's opinion on her daughter's name.

I do agree that Burleigh Bear is too much and I get the same feel that you're describing a husky/fat bear. I like Burleigh and I like Bear, but not together. I also love Atticus from her list. Very handsome name. Atticus Bear would be awesome. (:

Again, I apologize for everyone getting so rude. Most berries are very supportive and friendly. I hope this thread doesn't make you stray away from Name Berry completely. I hope you find your perfect name!!
    Before she edited her first post, the way she posted the thread sounded an awful lot like a troll.

(Not defending anyone, just trying to explain why some of the comments might've come across the way they did.)
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

For those that have suggested two middles...ie Seamus Linden Bear etc. Is there a forum that discusses 2 middles. I have never done that for any of my other kiddos but since this is the last and we rarely agree on boy names or have a million final choices it might be necessary to have more than one middle. THANKS!
    @juliadoulia: I suggested to bettydogooder that she add a second middle to March River if she didn't want it to sound like she was describing a river, and personally I love both March and River. Since phonetically "Burleigh" is equal to "burly," it makes it difficult in use as a first name, because it always sounds like you are describing something; it might work better in the middle. Also, with "Burleigh" and "Bear," you do run the risk of sounding like you named a children's book character, and the alliteration with the two don't help.

Since Bear is so short, I would suggest using at least a 3-syllable first. Atticus Bear ____ sounds great to me. Fox and Wolf are also great boys' names. Benno, which is one of my favorite names, means bear, and I think it'd sound great with Maeby.

Benno Crosby
    Benno Shalom
    Atticus Bear
    Elliott Bear
    Seamus Benno
    Fox Burleigh
    Linden Wolf
    Atticus Fox

I am always a fan of two middles though, if you decide to do that. I think a more traditional name can work wonders in making rarer combos a bit more grounded.

Burleigh Nathaniel Fox
    Elliott Thomas Bear
    Crosby Matthew Bear
    Fox Jacob Burleigh

etc, etc, it's endless!

Good luck!

It is a little too much.... sounds like a children toy >.< I do like Bear though!
    Teenberry who is obsessed with names - probably a minority on nameberry who likes popular names

Ladies: Holly|Charlotte|Lily|Chloe|Indigo|Zoe|Stella
    Gents: Jonty|Jordan|Hunter|James|Xavier|Cullen|Louie