Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Collins, as a first name, for a girl... >.>

My partner now knows that I have an active account on here and is amusing himself by trolling me.

So this was his charming 'suggestion' but I thought it would put it out there, to see if others have the same visceral response.

I think it's too much of a surname to be used as a first name on either gender, without actually being a family name.

It's the name of the (real life) daughter Blind Side but since the movie is set on the American South I assumed it was the old tradition of using a maiden name as a first name.
    Bertrand -bertie-, Wilfred, Léon, Axel, Cuthbert -cubby-, Maxentius, Aubrey, Phoebus, John-Henry.
    Émilienne, Livia, Annabella -abbey-, Maud, Rosamund, Kimborough, Clemency, Elizabeth-Charlotte.

It's a surname meaning 'son of Colin'. It's not a proper name.
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

Reminds me of the Collinses from Pride and Prejudice. Not the most positive association.

In any event, I think Collins is one surname that doesn't work particularly well as a given name. I could see it as a middle name for either sex, though, especially if there is a family connection.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra

I am with other berries that Collins isn't my cup of tea for a first name, especially for a girl.