Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Middle for Fay/Faye

I know I'll get a lot of backlash for the name Fay/Faye (haven't chosen which spelling I like better), but I'm trying to find a middle name that will both make it easier to present to family and friends and create a double-barrel name, of sorts. I truly believe Fay/e can stand on its own, but I'd like to be able to call her "Fay/e ---" as well.

My dd is Elizabeth Jane, which was largely a compromise name between my more adventurous style and my husband's love of 80's names. Classic, timeless names are good, as are Celtic, which my husband likes a lot.

Any suggestions?
    Momma to Finn & Elizabeth, the joys of my life.

Favorite girl names: Catherine, Tess, Cosette, Harriet, Roxanne, Evangeline, Fay/e, Tallulah

Favorite boy names: George, Shepherd, James, Malcolm, Alexander, Felix, Lewis

Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

I'd go with a more wordy or longer middle name if you're going to be brisk and use a nickname as a first.

Sweetie, sit down and listen. I honestly wish my own son was gay. He's a bit too much of macho man with my husband passing and all. Fey means precious and campy. On a girl, I think it might be much on a girl with societal patriarchy and she'll use feminist theory vocab like "heteronormativity". Basically, she may really be conscious as a girl and all that gender stereotyping. It's too much darling. Also, it's cute but would you want that cutesy name on the top of her resume.

I read a book with a Faye Eleanor which I think is just lovely.

Thank you for the suggestions! I do think Faye Eleanor is pretty, and your suggestion, marinadancel17, of Faye Louisa prompted me to consider Louise, which is a family name!

Mother dearest, thank you for your advice. I'm not sure I agree with you entirely, but I will consider what you said.
    Momma to Finn & Elizabeth, the joys of my life.

Favorite girl names: Catherine, Tess, Cosette, Harriet, Roxanne, Evangeline, Fay/e, Tallulah

Favorite boy names: George, Shepherd, James, Malcolm, Alexander, Felix, Lewis