Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Connotations...

I'm in Australia and the name always reminds me of Mercedes Corby, whose family are associated with drugs/drug trafficking and are often in the media. I can't remove the association.

Id bet most people in Australia would have a similar feeling.

The link with the car doesn't bother me. Otherwise, it's a nice sounding name.

This is what I'm talking about: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...235155755.html

I love the name Mercedes, I think it's gorgeous and personally I don't think of the car brand at all. Though that could have something to do with the fact that I know a Mercedes (She wasn't Hispanic either, she was from New Zealand). Honestly, I'd go with it if you truly love it!
    ♂ Atticus, August, Avery, George, Max, Noah ♂

♀ Aubrey, Audrey, Charlotte, Lana♀

Thanks! Wonderful feedback. It is an awesome name.
    Cricket Casimir Remy Wolfgang Otto Nightingale Fox Peregrine

Sylvie Dandelion Liesl Buttercup Phoebe Sunshine Rosemary Newt

Blanchefleur Innogen Maguelonne Edelweiss Dart Leodegraunce Cosmos

I've known a Mercedes, and the car association isn't too strong. It's a fairly common name. She IS Hispanic, but I'm also from Texas so that name has a huge association with the Hispanic community for me. I think every Mercedes in Texas is Hispanic. So I guess it just depends on where you live. If you live in the Southwestern United States, I probably wouldn't (unless you're Hispanic) but if you live elsewhere it appears to be fine.

I'm happy to have been proven wrong--love the name Mercedes!