Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Connotations...

I'm in Australia and the name always reminds me of Mercedes Corby, whose family are associated with drugs/drug trafficking and are often in the media. I can't remove the association.

Id bet most people in Australia would have a similar feeling.

The link with the car doesn't bother me. Otherwise, it's a nice sounding name.

This is what I'm talking about: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...235155755.html

I love the name Mercedes, I think it's gorgeous and personally I don't think of the car brand at all. Though that could have something to do with the fact that I know a Mercedes (She wasn't Hispanic either, she was from New Zealand). Honestly, I'd go with it if you truly love it!
    ♂ Atticus, August, Benedict, Francisco, George ♂

♀ Audrey, Lana, Marisol ♀

Thanks! Wonderful feedback. It is an awesome name.
    Raphael Benedict-Charles Ransom-Jude Matthias-Damian Pascal-Eli Constantine

Lucia Marguerite-Genevieve Aster-Maura Francesca

Honor-Elisabeta-Maeve-Afton-Ophelia-Calhoun-Ishmael-Arthur-Monroe-Sasha

I've known a Mercedes, and the car association isn't too strong. It's a fairly common name. She IS Hispanic, but I'm also from Texas so that name has a huge association with the Hispanic community for me. I think every Mercedes in Texas is Hispanic. So I guess it just depends on where you live. If you live in the Southwestern United States, I probably wouldn't (unless you're Hispanic) but if you live elsewhere it appears to be fine.

I'm happy to have been proven wrong--love the name Mercedes!