Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Magdalyn and Madeleine

I have three children and am expecting my fourth in January. I have a son named Caleb. I have two daughters Magdalyn and Evangeline. I'm having trouble picking a name for this baby. We know that's its a girl. We like longer girl names. Is Magdalyn and Madeleine to similar to be sister names? Thanks in advance for your answers. And I'm sorry if I posted this incorrectly its my first time posting!

I think that you should pick a name with a different sounding ending. The -lyn and -leine could very easily get confused plus Magdalyn and Madeleine are the same name in different languages. My mother works in a record keeping department and two very similar names that also happen to be siblings can cause all kinds of mix-ups.

Here are some options that may be an alternative:
    Marguerite
    Marigold
    Matilda

And a few others that I think would go with this sibset:
    Luna
    Elisabeth
    Elise
    Francesca
    Corinna
    Cora
    Laurel
    Alice
    Lily
    Estella
    Adeline
    Lucy

Hope this helps you out!!!!

Thank you! My husband and I were worried it would be too close but I figured it was worth seeing what others thought. Its do difficult picking a third girls name. Thank you for your suggestions

I love the name Madeleine, I do feel it's too close though.

Well, from my mild amounts of research (I tend to surf Behind the Name a lot, for characters and curiosity), they are actually variations on the exact same name, Magdalene, as in Mary Magdalene.

So... Yes. Too close. But they are, however ACTUALLY sister names, which is kind of cool.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.