Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Harper, Teegan or Valerie?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harper June Gussy

12 44.44%
  • Teagan June Gussy

6 22.22%
  • Valerie June Gussy

9 33.33%

Teagan or Harper?

My husband and I are struggling with a name girls name. Please help!

Our last name is pronounced "Gussy". This is our first child. If we have a boy, we were set on the name "Beau". If we have a boy down the road I think we would use the name Beau, so I am hoping to find a name that goes with it.

Harper- I like, but it is sooo popular right now! Any suggestions for names that won't scream, "I was born in 2013?"
    Teagan- I really like this name but have a cousin named Teagan and if all possible I'd like to avoid duplicating.
    Payton - Love for a girl but am second-guessing a unisex name. There is some beauty in walking into the room and people knowing what to expect, male or female.
    Kinsley- Love, but know of someone who named their child Kinsely and don't want to copy.
    Keeley - Love, especially since I am very Irish, but feel that it is a little girls named that might not be well suited for an adult. Plus, I don't really like Kelly, and they are so similar.
    Sierra- Always have loved it but don't think its quite right - can't put my finger on it.
    Valerie- Love this classic name - its also my sisters name. Not sure I want to use her name just as it might be confusing in the family.
    Savannah- My ultimate favorite name, but also the name of my niece. Can't copy.
    Bella - Love, but another one of my nieces names.

Do you have any suggestions ?!

Congratulations!

I voted for Harper because I think it's a fantastic name.. Although I can understand your concerns about popularity (though I am yet to meet any Harpers in real life)

To me Teagan sounds a bit dated (80s) and Valerie even more so (70s)

I'd say we have quite a different naming style, but I'll have a go at some suggestions which work well with Beau:

Hayley June
    Mallory June
    Melanie June
    Tamara June
    Vanessa June
    MacKenzie June
    Kennedy June
    Piper June
    Lainey June
    Sienna June

Do any of these appeal?

Just wanted to pop in and say that if Savannah is your all-time favorite name, what do you think of Susannah? That may be a good alternative.

With a surname that ends in an "ee" sound, I would eliminate Valerie from contention. Harper and Teagan are very trendy so they're not my style. I voted for Teagan to avoid any reference to "harpie" (a derogatory term used for a vocal, sharp-tongued woman as well as loathsome, voracious monsters with the head and trunk of a woman and the tail, wings, and talons in Greek mythology). I also think Harper is more apt to become "dated" to a certain period more than Teagan. You seem to like unisex/surname type names so here are some suggestions.

Other Suggestions

Arden
    Adair
    Rowan
    Eden
    Tatum
    Hollis
    Quinn
    Linden
    Leighton
    Briar
    Sloane