Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where do you find naming inspiration?

I love NB, (don't get me wrong) and I follow lots of name blogs and have a moderate collection of baby name books.

BUT I also am always looking for new ways and places to find names. What're yours? Do you explore cemeteries, read birth announcements etc.?

Where can I find more names?

Thanks, Berries <3
    Oh, and Happy holidays!

A lot of movies, books and tv shows, britishbabynames.com (BAs), lists on wikipedia (authors, musicians, composers, painters & their families, etc.), behindthenames Top X lists for different countries and decades as well as freebmd.org.uk and familysearch.org for combos and sibling names.
    Rose Lavinia Charlotte
    Henry Frederick Arthur
    Edmund Hugo / Edmund Louis
    Alice Cordelia / Alice Georgiana / Alice Matilda

(la-vinn-ee-a / fre-der-rick / lou-ee / geor-gyiah-na)
    my name blog

Definitely British Baby Names, and I used to check out a lot of cemeteries for vintage names! I use a lot of popularity charts, the England&Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland and Ireland charts are definitely within my style, so I often look at as many of them as I can for inspiration!
    Kirsty Emma Jayde Poppy Lauren Grace Ella Marigold Jayne Rosie Charlotte Mae
    Millie Florence Anne Amelie Sophia Rose Daisie Madeleine Eve Honey Martha Jane

Thomas Aaron Michael Jamie Alexander Rhys Andrew Lachlan James Daniel Patrick Joshua
    Henry Christopher Louis Matthew Edward John Freddie Adam George Charlie Bennett Joel

The biggest one is probably genealogy because I really like having the family connection to names, especially in the middle. A couple of my top boy combos have family surnames in the middle and, if children are in my future, I'll probably end up using one or more of them. Even though I'm not a big gamer, I've gotten quite a few from video games. I think it's because I just get so used to hearing the name over and over that it sticks in my head more than normal. Other areas are musicians and literature.
    Audrey Bardot ◊ Aurora Maxine ◊ Signy Rafaela ◊ Saskia Lior ◊ Eloise Fawn ◊ Lucia Inez ◊ Moira Lucille ◊ Liora Delphine ◊ Poppy Zephyra ◊ Georgia Nadine ◊ Tessa Loire ◊ Valerie Azure ◊ Zinnia Maud ◊ Freya Marceline

Ivor Casimir ◊ Laszlo Bellamy ◊ Samuel Orion ◊ Solomon Idris ◊ Otso Remington ◊ Abram Rafferty ◊ Dominic Ozias ◊ Alaric Sinclair ◊ Ragnar Irving ◊ Damian Altair ◊ Gabriel Hawthorne ◊ Leo Cagney ◊ Ivan Tolliver ◊ Alistair Cormac

I agree with genealogy, for me personally it wouldn't feel right to not name a child after a grandparent or heroic ancestor for a middle name anyway. However, for first names I tend to just peruse through forums like this and blogs. As well as other naming blogs/websites.
    I think it's good to keep your options and mind open about names. There are a few that I'd picked out when I was about 13 and now 10 years later I wouldn't touch them with a 15 foot pole.
    Furchild:
    Humphrey

Proud Aunt of:
    Olly Stephen
    Leo Thomas

Signature influenced mainly by genealogy.

Aurora Joan|Edie Clara|Norah Rosalind|Ivy Seraphina|Odette Deanna|Kinley Frances|Violet Nyx

Rhett Nicolai|Silas Peregrine|Huxley Matteo|Cohen Obediah|Fletcher Hamish|Knox Augustus|Jasper Adam

Considering..
    Freya Wren|Thea Hadley|Reuben Maverick