Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If you could pick your own name today...

So the story goes (at least, by my parents!) that I was the one that actually picked my name when I was born (which I find ironic, since I'm not too fond of it now. I would have much preferred one of their other choices, Alexandra Danae!). And as today is my birthday, it has me thinking of what name I would have picked now, after I've had years, rather than seconds, to think on it.

So if I could have submitted a name option to my parents 27 years ago, as the perfect name for the present me, I think I would have offered up Aurora Alexandra Grace. Aurora because it suits me, Alexandra because I know it's a name they actually liked, and Grace after my favorite grandma. I'd even be okay with Aurora Ashley Grace. I'd even be willing to offer up some back-ups, too: Eleanor Daisy Kate, Annabel Sofia Daisy, Lena Beatrix Grace, Grace Emilia Fleur, or Lydia Madeleine Elise "Liddy".

What about you? If you could have submitted the perfect name to your parents for the modern-day you, what name would you pick?
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction.

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles | Grace Odilia Lily
    Grant Frédéric Conrad | Adele Sofia Eloise | Casper Nathaniel Eden | Audrey Lila Pearl | Samuel Gaspard John

Thinking about Zara Amélie Spring and Adelaide Maja Éliane "Daisy" today.

I've recently started a story--join me! havengermany.blogspot.com

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Aurora Ashley/Alexandra Grace sounds beautiful!

I personally detest my real name, and my parents personally detest the name I picked for myself, so I dunno what I'd do. Hazel is what I've wanted to change it to since I was 8 or 9 (could have been a tad older I can't remember right now) but now with TFIOS...

Probably Jodie, actually. I think I could totally rock that. Mum hates that one too though. She only likes trendy gender-obscure names.

⋙ EDITH PRIMROSE ⋘
    Anna Soleil. Astrid Selena. Eira Rosemary. Jane Leonora. Sylvie Primrose.
    Ada Leonora. Ingrid Selena. Juno Cosima. Poppy Matilda. Wendy Amoret.

c'est la vie
    ⊶ WALTER EDMUND ⊷
    Alaric. Asa. Atlas. Ciro. Darcy. Donovan. Elliot. Finch. Jude. Lincoln.
    Rio. Robin. Romilly. Sindri. Sylvan. Theoden. Thorin. Vincent. Vero. Willem.

Please Vote

Thank you, @steampunkleo! Your FN is Jordan, right? I think you could totally pull Jodie from that, if you wanted. But I know what you mean. I sort of go by Annabel at work, sometimes, and I think if my mom thought of me going by Annabel or Aurora, she would be none-too-happy.
    Ashley | namenerd | Christian | storyteller

List under major construction.

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles | Grace Odilia Lily
    Grant Frédéric Conrad | Adele Sofia Eloise | Casper Nathaniel Eden | Audrey Lila Pearl | Samuel Gaspard John

Thinking about Zara Amélie Spring and Adelaide Maja Éliane "Daisy" today.

I've recently started a story--join me! havengermany.blogspot.com

Happy birthday!!!!
    Also, my name is Jordan, and I'm quite okay with it. I wouldn't mind being a Hazel, a Frances, a Louise or an Erin instead, though.
    As I got it, your real name is Ashley? I love it, especially on girls! Other names you've written about are beautiful, but to my mind, Aurora is a tad too sweet and tied with the Disney princess. I like Ashley better.

Happy Birthday, Ashley! Wishing you loads of happiness and permanent good mood.
    I could have been a Maria, but I don't like it, so maybe my own name is not that bad. Still, I like my sisters' name better.
    My dream name was always Victoria despite the fact neither my mother nor my father like it.
    olympia/europe/college student

ophelia marianne • phaedra st john • edie gwendolyn • isaiah silver • frances lola • nathaniel roscoe • margaux plum • oscar ignatius • tabitha elowen
    • kit barnaby • emmeline rue • atlas orlando • althea leonie • grover elijah

esme helena mazarine/arlo dylan thomas