Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kell Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by southern.maple View Post
    It sounds like "kill Andrew."

Yeah, it does...
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

I'd go with Drew Kelan.

I really like Kell as a nickname for Kellan. I think Kell is fine on its own if you absolutely insist, though. It doesn't sound exotic or outlandish, just unfinished, like Sam or Tom as a full name. It reminds me of that old Nickelodeon show Keenan and Kel, and I think Kel's full name was Kel (not sure), so it's not totally unheard of.

My son is named Kell Jacob Walker. We just call him "Kell" but when he's in trouble it tends to be "Kell Jacob" kind of as one word.

Kell is my grandfather's name. It is an old norse (i.e. viking) name that means something like "Man from the spring"

People seem to have a problem with it for some reason. The most common mistake is "Cale" or "Kale" but sometimes people will read it as "Keel" or "Kyle." I don't get why it's so hard; maybe people don't recognize it so they assume it's supposed to have some edgy and unusual pronunciation. It's just one letter off from bell, dell, fell, hell, sell, tell, and well. Another mistake people will make is to assume that his name is really Kelly or Kellen but no, it's just Kell.

I love the name because it's unique but not weird (in my opinion). The social security website doesn't list it ever appearing in the top 1000 names for the past 50 or so years. Of course that means when your kid gets to kindergarten there are guaranteed to be 20 Kell, Cales, Kels, and Kellens in his class

Anyway, I love the name and have never regretted it for an instant.
    Last edited by jacobwalker0814; August 10th, 2013 at 11:11 AM.

It's nice. And as mentioned above, there is the actor Kel Mitchell from Kenan & Kel.

My only issue is that Kell Andrew sounds like Kellan Drew when said aloud

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden