Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kell Andrew

Smile Kell Andrew

We have a two-syllable English last name and are considering the names (first and middle respectively) Kell Andrew.

We've mentioned Kell as a first name and heard a lot of Kale? Cal? or just Kell? Kell? Kell? It doesn't sound too exotic to me, but things come across differently to different people.

What do you think?

It sounds like "kill Andrew."
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

Hmm, my first thought is that the first and middle run into each other, and it sounds like Kelan Drew, Kelan being a name I've actually heard. It's Irish I believe. Yes, here's Kelan: http://www.behindthename.com/name/kelan

Second thought was that it sounds a lot like kill; and finally, that it reminds me of Kal-El (Superman). None of these thoughts are important if they don't matter to you, they're just passing thoughts someone may think when they hear your sons name.

I can see the appeal of Kell, but it sounds a little too much like a nickname. I'd personally find a name that Kell could be a nickname for if you really want to use Kell, or else find names that feel similar.

Kell Nickname Names:

Kelan
    Kelley
    Kelsey
    Kelton
    Kelvin

Similar Sounding Names:

Calder
    Caledon
    Calloway
    Chiron / Kheiron
    Colin
    Colter
    Colton
    Kestrel
    Killian / Cillian
    Kyle
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I really like Kellen/Kellan, but not too sure about Kell. Of course Kellen + Andrew + a 2-syllable last name doesn't have the best flow....

Cole or Cael would be nice.
    Some current considerations:

Cora Madeleine | Etta Rosalie | Hazel Miranda | Margot Eliza | Sylvie Coraline | Vivienne Esme
    Archer Daniel | Callum Sawyer | Emmett Sebastian | Ezra Byrne | Leo Vincent | Rhys Anderson

Kell seems a bit of a middle name short of Kelly or other Kel- sounding longer names. I'd go longer by going by a last name like Kelvin. Alone it does seem a bit affected. I'm not sure what your last name's first initial is. With Andrew or any other vowel starting middle name, I'd take a second look at the initials (ex. KAD or KAT).
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following