Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

If you like weird ones....

I have revamped my short lists. If you havent seen any of my previous posts, I like names most would consider weird, bold, or offbeat. That was your warning, lol. They are in order of favorite to least:

GIRLS
    Goldenrod Leonie - thank you berries for helping me settle on a middle.
    Mazarine Io - this is an old love revived. I love the Mazarine Blue butterfly and the whole mythos associated with butterflies.
    Verbena Boheme - is this too "b" heavy? I love the two individually and they write great together. Thoughts?
    Elm Imogen - I'm trying to move away from trees and into other flora and fauna, but this one stays.
    Freesia Genevieve - another old love revived
    Fig Bedelia - used to be my favorite, but given some thought on some of the associations the name may have, it has moved down. Note: Fig is thisclose to switching places with Sweetbriar on my GP list. How do you feel about Sweetbriar Bedelia?
    Chrysanthemum Harper - I will never understand the "too long" argument. It has the same syllables as the über popular Isabella.
    Plum Araminta - too much flavor?

BOYS
    Yarrow Barnaby - Yarrow has been on and off of the list for years. I love the sound, herb, and meaning. Barnaby is a new love and seems to flow well.
    Thistle Dorian - is Thistle too feminine?
    Sol Aurelius - basically means glowing, golden sun. Love it.
    Peregrine Ambrose - too fusty?
    Huckleberry Iver - I love love love Huckleberry. Is it wearable iyo?
    Carnelian Ptolemy - the only gemstone and it is on a boy. Thoughts?
    Hawthorn Otis - See Elm
    Arum Theodore - too close to Aaron?
    Last edited by nymphalis antiopa; July 8th, 2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Guinevere, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Hebe Dilwen, Foxglove Amabel, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

Non-Nature Loves: Hestia & Bartleby
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[