Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you like weird ones....

I have revamped my short lists. If you havent seen any of my previous posts, I like names most would consider weird, bold, or offbeat. That was your warning, lol. They are in order of favorite to least:

GIRLS
    Goldenrod Leonie - thank you berries for helping me settle on a middle.
    Mazarine Io - this is an old love revived. I love the Mazarine Blue butterfly and the whole mythos associated with butterflies.
    Verbena Boheme - is this too "b" heavy? I love the two individually and they write great together. Thoughts?
    Elm Imogen - I'm trying to move away from trees and into other flora and fauna, but this one stays.
    Freesia Genevieve - another old love revived
    Fig Bedelia - used to be my favorite, but given some thought on some of the associations the name may have, it has moved down. Note: Fig is thisclose to switching places with Sweetbriar on my GP list. How do you feel about Sweetbriar Bedelia?
    Chrysanthemum Harper - I will never understand the "too long" argument. It has the same syllables as the über popular Isabella.
    Plum Araminta - too much flavor?

BOYS
    Yarrow Barnaby - Yarrow has been on and off of the list for years. I love the sound, herb, and meaning. Barnaby is a new love and seems to flow well.
    Thistle Dorian - is Thistle too feminine?
    Sol Aurelius - basically means glowing, golden sun. Love it.
    Peregrine Ambrose - too fusty?
    Huckleberry Iver - I love love love Huckleberry. Is it wearable iyo?
    Carnelian Ptolemy - the only gemstone and it is on a boy. Thoughts?
    Hawthorn Otis - See Elm
    Arum Theodore - too close to Aaron?
    Last edited by nymphalis antiopa; July 8th, 2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Ferelith, Celandine Ceridwen, Nettle Chiyo, Pennyroyal Matilda, Dandelion Jane
    Fox Atticus, Huckleberry Ivan, Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Thistle Dorian

Crushes: Myfanwy, Merewen, Anoushka, Heliotrope, Chihiro
    Angus, Jules, Bear, Larkspur, Blue, Robin

http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/

Sweetbriar is amazing! I don't think I would love it with Bedelia - but it could flow with some of your other monos: Plum, Moss, Elm?
    Verbena is so lovely too. I think you can do better than Boheme with it - what do you think about pairing it with Imogen or Harper?

Your boys' list is fantastic. I am liking Yarrow, its so calm and natural, and Carnelian is visually masculine and strong. My favorite combo of all has to be Hawthorn Otis. Totally swoonworthy name. I have tried to get my man on board with Hawthorn and he won't go for it, but I do love to see it appreciated!

I love so many of your names! I'll give you my other thoughts/opinions down below!

Goldenrod Leonie - I like the flow of this one, but Goldenrod feels to me it could be the victim of sexualized teasing in her teen years. I love Leonie though!
    Mazarine Io - I love Mazarine! I just feel Io is so short next to it that it gets lost in the overall picture!
    Verbena Boheme - As much as I love V names (Valencia, Vionnet, Vienna, Virginia, etc etc!), I just can't take Verbena seriously! Honestly, all I can picture is little Laura Ingalls talking about Lemon Verbena when she is trying to set up her teacher! But that's just me! Love Boheme!
    Elm Imogen - I love the flow of it reversed more than how you have it, Imogen Elm sounds prettier to me. I love the idea of Elm, but have never warmed to Imogen.
    Freesia Genevieve - This is truly very pretty!
    Fig Bedelia - I actually know a girl named Fig! I don't like something about the flow here though! Sweetbriar Bedelia has too many B sounds for me or something. Would Briar Fig be absolutely silly?
    Chrysanthemum Harper - I think it's more about the length in the sense that it's very long to spell and combines many sounds, however I think it is very pretty! I do prefer Chrysanthe though! Harper shocks me that it's on your list to be honest, it feels very trendy/etc while many of your choices are very fresh and unusual!
    Plum Araminta - I would LOVE Araminta Plum! Plum feels too short for my tastes for a first name.

BOYS
    Yarrow Barnaby - I have never appreciated Barnaby too much, Yarrow is definitely a new one for me, I like the idea of it!
    Thistle Dorian - I would defnitely assume Thistle was a girl if I only saw a first name. I do like this combo though, what about Thane Dorian or Thyme? (Maybe Thyme is too feminine too though?)
    Sol Aurelius - The imagery I get of this name is beautiful!
    Peregrine Ambrose - I love Peregrine! But despise Ambrose because of association. Peregrine is easily my favorite name from your list!
    Huckleberry Iver - I would love to say Huckleberry is usable, but I can't. There is actually a lot of awkward teasing I can think about involving slang where I live (and possibly elsewhere!)
    Carnelian Ptolemy - I have problems with a name with basically the word Carnal in it. Because I could see it being very prominent, inappropriate nickname! Love Ptolemy though!
    Hawthorn Otis - I think I would spell it Hawthorne, the e looks more complete, but again, just me! Never been a fan of Otis.
    Arum Theodore - Too close to Aaron in the sense I can foresee, "Aaron?" "No, Arum!". Met a little Theodore "Theo" the other day, such a cutie, fell in love with his name!

Rough n Tumble
    Lachlan Alexander
    Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Pretty in Pink
    Lavender Irie
    Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

My #2, due in November, will be Huckleberry Jude. I say it's wearable
    Your names are all pretty rad, btw I love the nature theme.
    human children:
    holden timothy | huckleberry jude
    non-human children:
    penelope | puck | sofia

Harper is there for lack of better idea on a mn for Chrysanthemum. I'm open to suggestions.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Ferelith, Celandine Ceridwen, Nettle Chiyo, Pennyroyal Matilda, Dandelion Jane
    Fox Atticus, Huckleberry Ivan, Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Thistle Dorian

Crushes: Myfanwy, Merewen, Anoushka, Heliotrope, Chihiro
    Angus, Jules, Bear, Larkspur, Blue, Robin

http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/