Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It's just TOO popular...

Alright. I've come to the very sad actualization that "Sophie" is just becoming too popular. This makes me very sad since it's a name that I've loved forever.

My second favourite girls name is Hadley, but I'm afraid of the same thing happening and it becoming overly popular and terribly misspelled...

What do I do?
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!

It is pretty popular where I live. I grew up with three Jessica's and three Chris's...each had to go by their last initial for 8 years at school and that is something that I wouldn't want for my little girl-- for her name to be sooooo popular in school that every 5th person has it..
    Name Nerd

No kids (yet), not even trying... but, I can't help but dream of beautiful (and ever-changing) names for my future children!

Honestly, you don't notice the popularity of a name until you start thinking about using it. I knew one Landon (but spelled Landan) before my son was born. I still went with the name, because we loved it! Suddenly, I started to notice there were Landon's everywhere. He hasn't been in any classes with other Landon's yet though. (Going into the 2nd grade.) Same stands true with my daughter Addison. I never hear the name Hadley, but online in forums... Sophie, yes is pretty popular right now, but is still adorable.
    Landon Michael James - May '06
    Addison Blake Lynn - November '09
    Baby Q #3 - March '14
    Names I'm Loving Right Now
    Ladies: Charlotte, Nora, Eden, Penelope
    Gents: Finn, Simon, Bennett, Wyatt

Even though Sophie and Hadley are both undeniably adorable, it is a shame that they are both becoming too popular. I think Sophie would have been probably been in my Top 20 favorite names for a few years and I like Hadley. It is undoubtedly true that many other parents also like the names and that's why they have become very trendy.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

I'm a teacher and I haven't come across that many little girls named Sophie. I think Sophia is more popular than Sophie. Hadley, I've not heard at all, so I'm not really sure that it's that popular.

We love the name Olivia and it's super popular but my husband and I don't really care. We are Michael and Jennifer (1980 babies) and honestly if she's Olivia F. when she's in school, oh well, she'll get over it. It really lasts for a short time, and then it's not a big deal as an adult.

Names become popular b/c people like them.

I don't think you could go wrong with either of your choices.

Good luck!