Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Name Choices & Usernames

Everyone's entitled to their opinion on these forums. What I find interesting is that those with the most to me off-putting usernames often give the most questionable advice. If the name you choose for yourself doesn't strike a chord with me, you're name lists likely won't either. I know my own username is meant to be taken ironically but some don't get the joke which is fine by me. I wonder what other people think usernames and the suggestions and roster of names parallels any significance.

My username is my name... Lol. I don't know how well that fits in with your theory.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Mine is a video game that I played while I was in the hospital as a child. I also don't know how that fits in with your theory either.

I honestly don't pay too much attention to usernames. More often than not, it's their name or like yours "mom" something.
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

Btw I do get the joke of your username, but a lot do have mommy in it.
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

I'm intrigued what you find 'off-putting' in a username - I know a lot of people have references to their own names or their children's names in their username, while others that are pretty random, like calling yourself bananasocks or whatever, are probably used by people who want to disguise their identity a bit more online.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    My username is my name... Lol. I don't know how well that fits in with your theory.
    So's mine...well, a phonetic spelling of a nickname :P

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George