Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you like weird ones....

I have revamped my short lists. If you havent seen any of my previous posts, I like names most would consider weird, bold, or offbeat. That was your warning, lol. They are in order of favorite to least:

GIRLS
    Goldenrod Leonie - thank you berries for helping me settle on a middle.
    Mazarine Io - this is an old love revived. I love the Mazarine Blue butterfly and the whole mythos associated with butterflies.
    Verbena Boheme - is this too "b" heavy? I love the two individually and they write great together. Thoughts?
    Elm Imogen - I'm trying to move away from trees and into other flora and fauna, but this one stays.
    Freesia Genevieve - another old love revived
    Fig Bedelia - used to be my favorite, but given some thought on some of the associations the name may have, it has moved down. Note: Fig is thisclose to switching places with Sweetbriar on my GP list. How do you feel about Sweetbriar Bedelia?
    Chrysanthemum Harper - I will never understand the "too long" argument. It has the same syllables as the über popular Isabella.
    Plum Araminta - too much flavor?

BOYS
    Yarrow Barnaby - Yarrow has been on and off of the list for years. I love the sound, herb, and meaning. Barnaby is a new love and seems to flow well.
    Thistle Dorian - is Thistle too feminine?
    Sol Aurelius - basically means glowing, golden sun. Love it.
    Peregrine Ambrose - too fusty?
    Huckleberry Iver - I love love love Huckleberry. Is it wearable iyo?
    Carnelian Ptolemy - the only gemstone and it is on a boy. Thoughts?
    Hawthorn Otis - See Elm
    Arum Theodore - too close to Aaron?
    Last edited by nymphalis antiopa; July 8th, 2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Stupid autocorrect
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

Sweetbriar is amazing! I don't think I would love it with Bedelia - but it could flow with some of your other monos: Plum, Moss, Elm?
    Verbena is so lovely too. I think you can do better than Boheme with it - what do you think about pairing it with Imogen or Harper?

Your boys' list is fantastic. I am liking Yarrow, its so calm and natural, and Carnelian is visually masculine and strong. My favorite combo of all has to be Hawthorn Otis. Totally swoonworthy name. I have tried to get my man on board with Hawthorn and he won't go for it, but I do love to see it appreciated!

I love so many of your names! I'll give you my other thoughts/opinions down below!

Goldenrod Leonie - I like the flow of this one, but Goldenrod feels to me it could be the victim of sexualized teasing in her teen years. I love Leonie though!
    Mazarine Io - I love Mazarine! I just feel Io is so short next to it that it gets lost in the overall picture!
    Verbena Boheme - As much as I love V names (Valencia, Vionnet, Vienna, Virginia, etc etc!), I just can't take Verbena seriously! Honestly, all I can picture is little Laura Ingalls talking about Lemon Verbena when she is trying to set up her teacher! But that's just me! Love Boheme!
    Elm Imogen - I love the flow of it reversed more than how you have it, Imogen Elm sounds prettier to me. I love the idea of Elm, but have never warmed to Imogen.
    Freesia Genevieve - This is truly very pretty!
    Fig Bedelia - I actually know a girl named Fig! I don't like something about the flow here though! Sweetbriar Bedelia has too many B sounds for me or something. Would Briar Fig be absolutely silly?
    Chrysanthemum Harper - I think it's more about the length in the sense that it's very long to spell and combines many sounds, however I think it is very pretty! I do prefer Chrysanthe though! Harper shocks me that it's on your list to be honest, it feels very trendy/etc while many of your choices are very fresh and unusual!
    Plum Araminta - I would LOVE Araminta Plum! Plum feels too short for my tastes for a first name.

BOYS
    Yarrow Barnaby - I have never appreciated Barnaby too much, Yarrow is definitely a new one for me, I like the idea of it!
    Thistle Dorian - I would defnitely assume Thistle was a girl if I only saw a first name. I do like this combo though, what about Thane Dorian or Thyme? (Maybe Thyme is too feminine too though?)
    Sol Aurelius - The imagery I get of this name is beautiful!
    Peregrine Ambrose - I love Peregrine! But despise Ambrose because of association. Peregrine is easily my favorite name from your list!
    Huckleberry Iver - I would love to say Huckleberry is usable, but I can't. There is actually a lot of awkward teasing I can think about involving slang where I live (and possibly elsewhere!)
    Carnelian Ptolemy - I have problems with a name with basically the word Carnal in it. Because I could see it being very prominent, inappropriate nickname! Love Ptolemy though!
    Hawthorn Otis - I think I would spell it Hawthorne, the e looks more complete, but again, just me! Never been a fan of Otis.
    Arum Theodore - Too close to Aaron in the sense I can foresee, "Aaron?" "No, Arum!". Met a little Theodore "Theo" the other day, such a cutie, fell in love with his name!

Lachlan Alexander - Evander 'Anders' Alcott - Cadmus Walter - Theron Xavier - Thatcher William - Peregrine North - Dresden Alasdair

Natalie Winter - Adelaide Pearl - Hermione Jane - Corisande Fable - Lavender Alina/Irie - Cordelia Autumn - Virginia Joy- Odessa Faye

My #2, due in November, will be Huckleberry Jude. I say it's wearable
    Your names are all pretty rad, btw I love the nature theme.
    human children:
    holden timothy | huckleberry jude
    non-human children:
    penelope | puck | sofia

Harper is there for lack of better idea on a mn for Chrysanthemum. I'm open to suggestions.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[