Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 30 of 57
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SD, CA
    Posts
    360
    A berry started a thread a few months ago exploring the idea of "little black dress" names. Names that are simple, classic, timeless, effortless, tasteful, and always seem to "work". For me, without a doubt, Daniel is a boy's name that embodies this idea. I have a weird thing with names where I think I want to avoid really common and popular names so I seek out rare and unusual names, but I find myself just adoring a lot of the classics. I also have a thing for Old Testament names even though I am not Christian (or religious).

    I am actually surprised at how high up on the list it is only because I don't personally know that many. I live in California, and it is extremely popular here according to the SSA, or at least it was 2 years ago when I checked. A friend recently named her son Daniel, and I was surprised she chose such a "common" name, but I was also really impressed that she picked such a classic and timeless choice for her son. She paired it with a bit of an unusual middle name, so the combination made his name unique to him.

    I just don't think you can ever go wrong with the classics.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica (LA) & Yorkville (NY)
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfmama View Post
    A berry started a thread a few months ago exploring the idea of "little black dress" names. Names that are simple, classic, timeless, effortless, tasteful, and always seem to "work". For me, without a doubt, Daniel is a boy's name that embodies this idea. I have a weird thing with names where I think I want to avoid really common and popular names so I seek out rare and unusual names, but I find myself just adoring a lot of the classics. I also have a thing for Old Testament names even though I am not Christian (or religious).

    I am actually surprised at how high up on the list it is only because I don't personally know that many. I live in California, and it is extremely popular here according to the SSA, or at least it was 2 years ago when I checked. A friend recently named her son Daniel, and I was surprised she chose such a "common" name, but I was also really impressed that she picked such a classic and timeless choice for her son. She paired it with a bit of an unusual middle name, so the combination made his name unique to him.

    I just don't think you can ever go wrong with the classics.
    Darling that's so sweet that you love classics. It's so great that your signature says you're due right about now and considering Ione Marin and Desmond Sanders. Congratulations soon dear.

  3. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by mommydearest View Post
    Darling that's so sweet that you love classics. It's so great that your signature says you're due right about now and considering Ione Marin and Desmond Sanders. Congratulations soon dear.
    Mommydearest, I hope this won't seem out of line, but I had also taken your posts in here as trolling and then I thought to check your other posts, some of which read as quite sincere. I'm wondering if perhaps English isn't your first language or you are not used to internet communications (or both), but on the off-chance that you're not trying to be rude/condescending, you should know that your consistent use of 'sweetie', 'dear' and 'darling' do make many of your posts read that way. Forums can be a bit tricky with tone because you can't read the other person's body language.

  4. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SD, CA
    Posts
    360
    Just because I have respect for the classics doesn't mean I need to choose one for my child. You need to go away Mommydearest. You are obviously a trouble-making troll.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Santa Monica (LA) & Yorkville (NY)
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Mommydearest, I hope this won't seem out of line, but I had also taken your posts in here as trolling and then I thought to check your other posts, some of which read as quite sincere. I'm wondering if perhaps English isn't your first language or you are not used to internet communications (or both), but on the off-chance that you're not trying to be rude/condescending, you should know that your consistent use of 'sweetie', 'dear' and 'darling' do make many of your posts read that way. Forums can be a bit tricky with tone because you can't read the other person's body language.
    Thanks I didn't realize that. That's sweet of you to help my little old self. I'll cut the endearments.

    Also, how do you add those little different happy faces within the message. It only goes on the blank title.
    Eddie (to Saffy): Oh, darling, Mummy loves you. On the day you were born I *knew* I wanted you...
    Patsy: However, the day after...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •