Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Thank you all for comments, berries! I really appreciate your thoughts and time.
    So, to sum up, I made sure Daniel is mostly considered a fine name but nothing memorable. Anyway, I still like it because the popularity issues never bother me and, to be honest, I doubt I will ever use this name if I don't move to English-speaking country.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student

Constance TabithaSibyl JemimaTheodoraRamona ? ?
    ? Rupert Otis Grover ??Ignatius Robin

Quote Originally Posted by celianne View Post
    Both. Daniel isn't an extraordinarily common choice where I live, so I haven't met many myself. I would do a double take on your creativity, but I would compliment you on your taste. It is significantly better than most 'trendy' names I hear now, and I prefer it to a lot of other 'timeless classics.'

Also, I've always thought it would be cool to do Daniel nn Niel. Just a side note.
    Ditto this exactly.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman
    Other favorites:
    Ladies: Fiala Joan · Alma · Miriam · Claudia · Tabitha · Helena · Linnea · Vivian
    Gents: Jasper Simon · Arthur · Simon · Desmond · Theodore · Malcolm
    · Dexter · Phillip
    Guilty Pleasures: Lyric · Echo · Hero · Juno/Juniper · Lark · Wren · Zephyr · Vesper
    · Loki · Kyrie

Look at it by decade:

In the 1970s, there were 244,540. In the 1980s, there were 345,317 Daniels. In the 1990s, 272,026 were named Daniel for the decade. 203,469 Daniels were born in the 2000s. That's close to a million Daniels in the United States for the past forty years.

That's not taken into account what others countries have where Daniel's popular in Spanish speaking countries like Spain and Mexico. It has surpassed David in many places. Look at the overall trend and not just simply the individual year of just one country.

If you don't live in a large city like New York or Los Angeles, didn't attend a big high schoo (2000+ students)l, or a college that had 30,000+ just for undergrads, you may not have to meet a lot of with most popular names. When you live in a small town or are just simply younger for example just out of college, you many not notice the overall effect of decades of naming. There's an overall totality in the masses of people with your same name.

I'm not here to deter you but I appreciate the statistically likelihood of the uniqueness of my children's names.

I'm a teacher. Over the last 9 years I have taught almost 1000 students. Ive taught 9 Daniels. I've taught more than 20 Antonios/Anthonys and both are much lower on the ssa list. I say this because the breakdown of the 14,143 Daniels per state is not necessarily even.

Daniel is a solid, classic, strong, handsome name for a boy. The biblical namesake is amazing and if it wasn't taken in my circle of friends, I would use it.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    I'm a teacher. Over the last 9 years I have taught almost 1000 students. Ive taught 9 Daniels. I've taught more than 20 Antonios/Anthonys and both are much lower on the ssa list. I say this because the breakdown of the 14,143 Daniels per state is not necessarily even.

Daniel is a solid, classic, strong, handsome name for a boy. The biblical namesake is amazing and if it wasn't taken in my circle of friends, I would use it.
    Dear, I know your personal experience is meaningful to you. It's great that you're a teacher. It may also depend on how many the students the teacher teaches per day or year. There's probably a Daniel in your life that means the world to you. That doesn't change the fact there's been almost a million Daniels in about 40 years. Be a lamb and check the latest stats on some of the larger states like perhaps Texas, New York, and California and Daniel is in the top 10. In the end, the original poster is not from the United States.