Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Miranda

Miranda is gorgeous. Plus there is the added bonus of the nicknames Miri and Mira.
    Ingrid | Kit | Susanna | Alistair

I like it. My cousin's sister is named Miranda. She doesn't have a nickname as far as I know. I also wouldn't call it dated or timeless.
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

It's one of my favorite girl names. I love the Shakespeare connection and all the name bearers I know are so sweet.
    The name is not timeless and, despite the fact Miranda was at its popularity pick in the 1990-s, I can't call it dated either, as others have said.
    Olympia
    Russian Lit student, bookworm, and arts geek.

Serena Elowen LivEmmeline Twila AliceSibyl Jemima IrisEsme Helena Mazarine
    Nathaniel Silvius Wilde Grover Elijah St JohnOscar Ignatius Cosmo Robin Hector Barnaby

I like the name Miranda. I wouldn't call it dated, if only because I don't think I've ever known a Miranda so I don't associate it with a certain era.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Miranda's gorgeous!

I agree with the PPs--Miranda is not dated or classic. Laura Wattenberg, at The Baby Name Wizard, calls Miranda a "New Classic," and I think it's a good description. It's a name with history, more steady than flashy...one that's not particularly easy to date, but lacks the creds to be a true classic, à la Elizabeth or William.
    ----
    Mom to N
    Malcolm, Tristan, Aaron, Garrett, Vincent
    Iris, Bridget, Bonnie, Averill, Petra