Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    basicsand and mommydearest sound like the same person to me. Confrontational in a sticky sweet way (especially you mommydearest, you do know calling adults dears and little lambs is rude and condescending, no?), apparently big fans of Linda and Pam and their opinions and books and blog posts, and an odd grasp of English. You both structure your thoughts similarly. I keep noticing you both posting in the same threads, often in support of each other, or to clarify what the other meant. Interesting. If you're not sockpuppets, perhaps long lost twins?

Regardless, I don't think there's a lot to support your theory. From the sounds of it, most users picked a user name based on a nickname, or their actual name, and it doesn't have much to do with the sort of name they'd have on their list. In some cases, user names are picked for the love of something. Mine, for example, was picked because I adore redwood trees. Some of my best memories were in redwood groves. I suppose from that you could infer that I enjoy nature, which I do, and my name lists probably further that assumption. I also enjoy other styles, though. I like sleek names, old world names, a few of the classics, some place names, and of course mythological and literature inspired names. My point is: I love names, plural. If one were to discount everything I had to say because they found my username off-putting (??) or they thought I hadn't put enough effort into it, well, okay. It won't keep me up at night.
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I think you're setting yourself up for self-fulfilling prophecies… by putting so much stock in usernames, you're already judging people, and therefore their posts. Of course if you hate their usernames you'll hate what they say, if that means so much to you.

My user name has to do with my love of words and language and culture, and I felt quite clever when I came up with it. But I don't see it as a end-all be-all label for all my opinions… it's just a handle.
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    basicsand and mommydearest sound like the same person to me. Confrontational in a sticky sweet way (especially you mommydearest, you do know calling adults dears and little lambs is rude and condescending, no?), apparently big fans of Linda and Pam and their opinions and books and blog posts, and an odd grasp of English. You both structure your thoughts similarly. I keep noticing you both posting in the same threads, often in support of each other, or to clarify what the other meant. Interesting. If you're not sockpuppets, perhaps long lost twins?
    Yes, this occurred to me, as well. Troll, maybe?? :O
    - current loves -
    Genevieve - Aurelia - Penelope - Clementine - Matilda - Wilhelmina - Josephine - Cordelia
    Max - Frederick - Elliot - Gus - Atticus - Felix - Theodore - Beckett - Calvin

I'm not sure whether I should be flattered or offended. If you notice when and where our username names were created it's years apart. Why would you be on here if you're not a fan of Linda and Pam? I did mention in an earlier posts to follow all my comments which you can with any user. I'm sure you meant well.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post

Regardless, I don't think there's a lot to support your theory. From the sounds of it, most users picked a user name based on a nickname, or their actual name, and it doesn't have much to do with the sort of name they'd have on their list. In some cases, user names are picked for the love of something. Mine, for example, was picked because I adore redwood trees. Some of my best memories were in redwood groves. I suppose from that you could infer that I enjoy nature, which I do, and my name lists probably further that assumption. I also enjoy other styles, though. I like sleek names, old world names, a few of the classics, some place names, and of course mythological and literature inspired names. My point is: I love names, plural. If one were to discount everything I had to say because they found my username off-putting (??) or they thought I hadn't put enough effort into it, well, okay. It won't keep me up at night.
    Loving your theory and username explanation. As for my username- though I'm sure you don't care- is just based on my initials. And I thought bear sounded cute on the end.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction