Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help with my girl name list!!

I am looking for girl names that aren't exactly made up but aren't that common (hey, aren't we all?). I'd like to avoid the -ia, -a, -ana type endings although they don't automatically rule any name out because there are only a few sounds that go well with out last name. It is short, begins in N so -ille, -s and -n/-ne names are hard to pronounce or make an unflattering sound! Below are some of my faves and why I love them -- if there are any you like, please comment! Middle name ideas accepted also (:

Lillith
    Pros: It has a less common female name ending, which helps in avoiding –ia, -a, -ana endings.
    Cons: Biblical/Myth reference – but we don’t buy into it or care. Lily nn :/
    Ginger
    Pros: Clearly feminine, a former classic name. DH likes “Ginny” bc of harry potter and forrest gump references.
    Cons: Sometimes a pet name :/ Would be problematic if we somehow have a redhead.
    Lux
    Pros: Latin name, means light. DD1 has a name with a latin translation also. Literary reference (virgin suicides – not exactly a happy reference, however).
    Cons: A LOT more uncommon than DD1's name or the other names on the list. For me, this is also a pro though.
    Eliette
    Pros: A French female name, not common at all. Author Namesake. NN ellie, ella.
    Cons: May get confused with Eliot, loses some appeal when not seen written.
    Elizabella
    Pros: Not quite Elizabeth, not quite Isabella, but retains much of the beauty of these names.
    Cons: May get confused for either of the more common names it is comprised of.
    Violaine
    Pros: LOVE V names. This is the least common out of violet, violetta, viola etc while still meaning purple. NN Lainey.
    Cons: It ends in an N sound and our last name begins with N, so there would have to be a strained pause between enunciations. BUT! For this name I’m willing to sacrifice flow
    Geneva
    Pros: “Genny,” “Evie,” “Eva” NNs. Very flowy and uncommon.
    Cons: Not many..
    Eliora
    Pros: Uncommon, NN Ellie. Also, purported to mean light.
    Cons: Possibly difficult to pronounce, but people butcher DD1s name and my name all the time. We're used to it.
    Rosalie
    Pros: Beautiful floral name that avoids –a, -ia etc endings.
    Cons: My daughter's middle name is Rose – this is another “version”… don’t know how I feel about that.
    Emmanuelle
    Pros: Long, not incredibly common in the US.
    Cons: It sounds almost like a male name, Manuel.
    Evangelina
    Pros: Feminine, often used in the Cajun community in previous generations (so a nod to my heritage) but not common now. LOTS of NN possibilities
    Cons: A mouthful of a name!

What do you guys think of when you hear these names? Good, bad? Old lady? (:

I love Lilith & Geneva
    WTTC 2017
    Miles Dean : Brynn Alexandra

Lux, Eliora, and Evangelina are beautiful names. Lux is spunky, and Eliora could be shortened to Lia or Liora. And Evangelina has many different nicknames that could be used!

Love Evangelina and Emmanuelle! (even though I'm seldom a fan of E names)

I like Ginger and Geneva. The others are nice, but a bit overly feminine for my taste. Excepting Lux, obviously, which is a name I secretly love but can't get behind using =/