Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Taking suggestions - Martin, Roscoe, Sylvan...

Right now, Martin is in the lead, but I wanted to see what else you berries come up with. Most of the names below have been set aside for one reason or another, but they should give an idea of what we like Our surname is German and starts with a "K". Because of it's sound, names that can be even loosely related to or sound like an adjective for, ahem... male anatomy... are out. Middle name will almost certainly be Commodore to honor my dad, so F names are out for this round (the ones below are just so you know what we like). If this is a little man, he will be a brother to Ivy Coraline.

Martin (Mars)
    Fox
    Fritz
    Roscoe
    Sylvan (Van)
    August (Gus)
    Lincoln (Cole)
    Arthur (Ari)
    Ernest
    Viggo
    Julian
    Reese
    Milo
    Ash
    Rupert
    Asa
    Last edited by tk.; July 8th, 2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

What's your surname's last initial and how many syllable does it have? You wouldn't want initials that spell anything like Martin Asa T- (MAT) or such. Also, having a differing syllable count for each part of the name works best like 2-3-1 or 3-1-2.

When it comes to your style, it seems to tend toward shorter spellings and a nickname is an important factor. From your list, my only point of concern with be Reese since it's leaning more towards the girl's side.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

Your taste is eclectic, which I can relate to

Obviously I love Roscoe!

Other suggestions:
    Clyde
    Angus
    Clive
    Dimitri
    Ezekiel
    Geoffrey
    Fergus or Fergal
    Wesley
    Chester
    Vincent
    Zev
    Sullivan (another option to get Van)

Good luck
    Katie
    Happily married to a fabulous but completely-not-interested-in-names guy.

Mum to:

Gebriael Geoffrey Edwin Keith (01/02/05)
    Roscoe Geoffrey Yohannes (09/04/08)
    Cormac Geoffrey Adisu (02/08/11)
    Boaz Geoffrey Mekonnen (04/07/13)

Quote Originally Posted by basicsand View Post
    What's your surname's last initial and how many syllable does it have? You wouldn't want initials that spell anything like Martin Asa T- (MAT) or such. Also, having a differing syllable count for each part of the name works best like 2-3-1 or 3-1-2.

When it comes to your style, it seems to tend toward shorter spellings and a nickname is an important factor. From your list, my only point of concern with be Reese since it's leaning more towards the girl's side.

I edited my original post to add some more details. I'm not super concerned with other people figuring out flow and all that for me, just looking for ideas at this point We aren't dead set on nicknames, but prefer them when the name is borderline or full-on clunky.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training