Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I haven't been pregnant, but I enjoy watching pregnancy announcements on YouTube when I'm bored. My favorite is when people set up a camera to take a family photo and set it to video, then say, "Say, (Insert Name Here) is pregnant!" rather than "cheese." Most of the time people are shocked and happy... but the really good ones are when they actually repeat what was said, there's a pause, and THEN they get it. So funny.

Another one I'd be more comfortable doing is wrapping up a baby-related present, like a onesie or bib or something that says grandma/grandpa on it, and giving it to your parents.

Thought I'd throw those out there. There are tons of ideas on YouTube if you're still looking!
    Current favorites:
    Genevieve - Eloise - Rosalie - Cecelia - Adelaide - Felicity
    and
    Theodore - Oliver - Henry - Myles - Silas - Finn

Thank you everyone for responding! It makes me feel better knowing some of you were nervous. I am only 23 (going to be 24) and my boyfriend is 26, we are TTC but I am nervous people will think we are too young to be parents and judge us. I want a subtle way to do or a way that I do not have to say it to their faces lol

northernlights- Thank you for the suggestions! I really like the bandanna idea with our two Pit bulls or the onesies.
    TTC Baby #1 Next Month

Not pregnant or TTC, but I've thought about just calling my parents up when it happens and asking "So, do you want to be called anything besides Grandma or Grampa?"

With my brothers I'd probably throw something relevant at them. Literally. We're like that. Or just make a ton of comments about cravings, since they already ask 'What, you pregnant or something?' when I say that word (normally in direct relation to Taco Bell).

It would be cute to do weekly 'bump' pictures on facebook for your friends without saying what they are and see how long it takes them to notice.

Depending on the situation, I'm also the kind of person who would just... show up places with a baby... see what happens...

Sending gifts is even better. Like 'World's Best __________' mugs or something.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Quote Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
    I haven't been pregnant, but I enjoy watching pregnancy announcements on YouTube when I'm bored. My favorite is when people set up a camera to take a family photo and set it to video, then say, "Say, (Insert Name Here) is pregnant!" rather than "cheese." Most of the time people are shocked and happy... but the really good ones are when they actually repeat what was said, there's a pause, and THEN they get it. So funny.

Another one I'd be more comfortable doing is wrapping up a baby-related present, like a onesie or bib or something that says grandma/grandpa on it, and giving it to your parents.

Thought I'd throw those out there. There are tons of ideas on YouTube if you're still looking!
    This is exactly what we did! I'm so happy to have this moment on video for posterity

Warning to headphone users: the women get pretty loud when they figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYxFx-59lo
    Married since June 2007, expecting our first child on Christmas Day, 2013

Darcy ~ Rowena ~ Hazel ~ Lorena ~ Leona ~

Eames ~ Miro ~ Bradbury ~ Duval ~ Marshall ~

@mrstoon- that is amazing!!! I love all of the reactions and thank you for sharing that! It's amazing you have it documented. Such a brilliant idea.
    TTC Baby #1 Next Month