Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I was nervous to tell my family, as I was not in a very serious relationship (they didn't know about it), in college, and had recently moved back in with my parents due to medical issues.

I told my mom at the doctor's office, I asked her to drive me to an appointment and then told her in front of my doctor - part of the reason she was upset was because of medical issues - I needed to go off medication, and the doctor helped reassure her I would be ok. She was upset for a few minutes, but then said congratulations and gave me a hug, and quickly became VERY excited to be a grandma.

I was probably even more nervous to tell my Dad...and when I told him I think he was shocked, he was dead silent for about a whole minute afterwards. He then asked me if I was going to keep the baby, and I said yes, and he said "that's cool". He was happy and supportive.

SO's family was pretty much the same way. He didn't tell them until I was about 6 months pregnant (we didn't get back together until shortly before she was born), and the only thing they were upset about was that he didn't tell them sooner.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Quote Originally Posted by scarletsway View Post
    You berries had so many clever ideas! I feel like since our dogs are basically our children we would probably involve them some how or another! I love the bandanna idea. Its subtle enough and not super dramatic.
    I still have a picture of him in his bandana up on the fridge...it's hilarious how some people have to stop and think about it for a second but other dog people immediately get it.
    I ordered ours here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/96497267...shop_home_feat
    mom to livvy jozefa 7.10.13

Not pregnant for a long time but I've contemplated afew ideas. My MIL was an English teacher so we might send her a book that has "please read to me on/after (due date)." For my FIL I have no idea. Same with my parents.
    For a general announcement we might just do the "bun in oven" picture.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

For my son we gave my father and stepmother one of those photo albums that stand up on their own like a frame that said Grandchildren on it and had individual pictures of all their grandchildren with an ultrasound picture in the back.

For my daughter we put my son in a Big Brother in Training shirt and let him run around at Thanksgiving. My grandmother-in-law thought we were just letting our son wear his cousin who was already a big brother's shirt so we corrected her and announced it to everyone.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

Man, all I did was call people on the phone after I got a couple of positive tests!
    human children:
    holden timothy | huckleberry jude
    non-human children:
    penelope | puck | sofia