Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Loving Enid...Opinions on my new name crush?

Enid seems like the perfect name to me right now. In my area it would get a few odd looks though. What is your opinion? Any middle name suggestions? A longer middle name would flow best I think.
    Esmeralda | Marceline | Enid | Rosalind | Floralba
    Evander | Atlas | Cassius | Lorcan

I taught an Enid who just graduated this spring. She was such a sweet student. She was my not so secret favorite. That's the image I have in my mind of Enid.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I love Enid! It's one of the yet to be discovered names that's unique with being weird and also has some gravity to it.

What's your surname like in terms of first initial and syllable count? You wouldn't want initials that spell anything with little Enid like EAT or ELM. To have a less monotone sound ideally you should consider differing syllable counts for each part of the name so it sounds less 2-2-2 and more 2-3-1 or 2-1-3.

I often suggest middle names should have meaning or what's the point. You could use it honor a friend or family member with a longer syllable name like Aunt Adrienne or such. Another way could be a more daring choice that you're hesitant to use as a first but in love with like Enid Juniper. You could use it to honor your cultural, religious, ethnic, or other heritage like using Enid Paloma if you had Latino ancestry. Middle names are where you have the most fun!

In the end, I totally love Enid. You'll be eclectic from kindergarten well into her graduating class and on her wedding announcements.
    * 5 easy ways to judge a baby name
    http://nameberry.com/blog/5-easy-way...ge-a-baby-name

* 21 other baby name rules worth following
    http://nameberry.com/blog/no-dumb-na...orth-following

To be honest, I can't really wrap my head around Enid. However, I DO appreciate that it's unique and off-the-beaten-path! I think Enid would be best paired with something very feminine. Enid Anastasia, Enid Susannah, Enid Elizabeth?
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian