Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kiele View Post

You are one of the only people I have seen mention the name Zinnia! One of the few others is my sister who has said for years that is what she is naming her daughter. She loves it because of her favorite childhood book "Chasing Redbird" ... have you read it?
    I love Zinna (and a lot of other flower names), and I'm still working on my husband. I hadn't read that book, though. I have a small herd of dairy goats, and they almost always have flower or plant names, but some I saved for humans!
    Maura
    mama to
    Flannery Katherine

Quote Originally Posted by bibliophile View Post

Here are some bird names (since you seemed so fond of them!) that I found more suitable for a young woman. They're either kinds of birds or mean bird in another language:
    Linnet
    Paloma
    Alouette
    Merle
    Deryn
    Aya
    Palila
    Thanks for the list. I really like Linnet and Paloma. My dh brought up the name Avocet. I'm warming to it.
    Maura
    mama to
    Flannery Katherine

Quote Originally Posted by roseymaam View Post
    I think we have a pretty similar style. A lot of your choices (and a lot of the recommendations from other posters) are on my own list. Of the compromise names, I really like Saffron, Poppy, Lark and Plum. I also second the nominations of Fern (love!), Maeve, Bay and Annika. A lot of the names on your list are word names, so I would make sure to pair one of those with a more "namey" name, if you know what I mean.
    Middle name will probably be Katherine or Mary, so no worries there.
    Maura
    mama to
    Flannery Katherine

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    And also, I have to say: EEEEEEEK!!! ARE THOSE LAMANCHA BABIES I SEE IN YOUR AVATAR?!
    They are indeed. I have a very small herd (six in all) of dairy goats, a mix of La Manchas and Oberhaslis. My senior doe, Sassafras, just had twin doelings, Delphinium and Dulcinea (Delphi and Dulcie) in the picture. I usually sell the kids once they are weaned, but I think these are keepers. They are just so sweet.
    Maura
    mama to
    Flannery Katherine

Saffron- I like this one a lot.
    Vesper- It sounds really slimy to me.
    Journey- Just a small town girl... Sorry. I guess it's okay. Nothing I'd choose though.
    Tamsyn/Tamsin- Will always be confused for Tasmin. Even jasmine.
    Sparrow- I like it, but not enough to use it.
    Maren- I don't really feel either way with this name.
    Piper- Too trendy for me, anyways.
    Poppy- Too cutesy/nicknamey for me.
    Flannery- I don't like the sound of this name. It reminds me of flannel.
    Paisley- too trendy, I really don't like the sounds of it either. Too frilly.
    Tempest- I like this, but I prefer Storm.
    Willa- I do like this. But I prefer Willow.
    Lilac- I LOVE this name! My #1 on your list. It fits the trend, while standing out. Such a sweet smelling flower too.
    Plum- The next Apple?
    Lark- It's okay. I'd like it better as a middle.
    Wren- I really like this!
    Romilly- I'm indifferent.
    Rue- Maybe if it was short for something.
    Tansy- reminds me of Pansy. Not a very nice slang connection.
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson